Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hello everyone,

Long time guitar player from the west side of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame city. My collection contains mostly acoustics these days, but in the past I've owned LP's and various hollow bodies. On the acoustic side, I have no Gibson's, but hope to remedy that soon (got my eye on an L-1). I do own and play a McIlroy a25c, a Larrivee P09bz and a very unique Parlor circa 1915. The stuff that goes in the miscellaneous section are: Fender double neck, 8 string, lap-steel and a few Oahu lap-steels.

These days I'm mostly interested in playing, technique, writing, cowriting, producing and coproducing songs.

I am looking forward to talking guitars, music, and everything else that's related to sound.

Hawk eye

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Scott--although I have had many Gibson Guitars in the past, I currently have a Jackson Browne Model A (selling on the Acoustic Guitar Forum), a Jackson Browne Model 1, and a J-45 Custom Koa (which is gorgeous). In the past I have had an LG-2 Americana (just sold), a J-200 Elite, a J-185EC (two of them actually), and a Hummingbird.

I'm Scott--although I have had many Gibson Guitars in the past, I currently have a Jackson Browne Model A (selling on the Acoustic Guitar Forum), a Jackson Browne Model 1, and a J-45 Custom Koa (which is gorgeous). In the past I have had an LG-2 Americana (just sold), a J-200 Elite, a J-185EC (two of them actually), and a Hummingbird.

Here's a picture of the most recent Gibson, the J-45 Custom Koa, which I am loving!

post-64244-009139000 1395521734_thumb.jpg

post-64244-058345400 1395521767_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the most recent Gibson, the J-45 Custom Koa, which I am loving!

post-64244-009139000 1395521734_thumb.jpg

post-64244-058345400 1395521767_thumb.jpg

Here's how to post photos - doing it with the little snips will drive you nuts because there is so little file room supported.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

So I see you are parting with one of the JBs - the one with the Trance Audio Amulet - that's a super nice guitar, but I suppose it makes sense to pare down from 2 to 1. Good luck with your sale. And welcome to the Gibson Acoustic board. How about a picture of that Hummingbird?

Thanks for the kind welcome guys. I live in a small, conservative town about 30 miles west of London. I play in a wonderful old Irish pub in a place called Slough, and I drive past Windsor Castle every time I play. The other night there was a huge, full orange moon rising over the castle as I drove to the pub, it was magic.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys. I live in a small, conservative town about 30 miles west of London. I play in a wonderful old Irish pub in a place called Slough, and I drive past Windsor Castle every time I play. The other night there was a huge, full orange moon rising over the castle as I drove to the pub, it was magic.

Ha. David Brent country.

Welcome here Dennis.

Here's Hoping for some sound / video clips .

Welcome aboard Mr D... [thumbup]

Personally I don't play Gibson acoustics (I just want you to know that)... [thumbup]

Too expensive and mostly too big too... [biggrin]

Preferring the dulcet tones of Ovation, Taylor, Takamine etc

Gibson electrics are well cool though, so it's not all bad news...

Have a nice day...

V

:-({|=

I currently own a 1949 Southern Jumbo, which I am planning to shift at some point, as I find anything larger than an OM or 0000 just too big.

My other guitar is made by Ron Pinkham of Woodsound Studios Maine, and it's a great-sounding piece, here's a link: Pinkham clip

My favourite all-time shape is the L-1. I played a 1930's L-1 today that had a delightful sound.