Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hello,Andoni from Ireland.Just recently got a Hummingbird 2014.I have played guitar off and on most of my life,mostly off,and now have a passion for getting back into it.I hope to make friends here.I'm considering buying a Gibson SJ200 this year..ASAP [rolleyes]

• 2 weeks later...

Andoni in Ireland - a good J-200 is an admirable quest.

SJ in Tennesee - Picking up the guitar again at an ideal time, getting snowstorms I hear. The J35 has a lot of fans here. Nice nice nice guitrs.

Welcome to the Gibson Acoustic Forums - lots of interesting knowledgable folks here. Not me though, I'm a hack, but I'm a happy hack !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all you real guitar players...Tom here, from Morris County NJ. I'm a hacker and a poser and know the basic cowboy chords. I'm 62, only started playing less than 10 years ago (and not very seriously at that), sucked pretty bad, and walked away from guitar the last 2 1/2 years. Now that I'm retired I got the bug to start sucking at guitar again, so today a new J-35 followed me home. Figured if I'm going to start from scratch for the second time, I might as well begin with a new guitar....kind of an attitude adjustment. Wish me luck!!!

Hello to all you real guitar players...Tom here, from Morris County NJ. I'm a hacker and a poser and know the basic cowboy chords. I'm 62, only started playing less than 10 years ago (and not very seriously at that), sucked pretty bad, and walked away from guitar the last 2 1/2 years. Now that I'm retired I got the bug to start sucking at guitar again, so today a new J-35 followed me home. Figured if I'm going to start from scratch for the second time, I might as well begin with a new guitar....kind of an attitude adjustment. Wish me luck!!!

To, from one Happy Hack to another - welcome to the forums. Here's a quick tutorial on posting pictures: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Y0ou have to show off that new j-35 - man those are popular around here.

Hello, from Sweden

Playing a 2013 J-35.

Also play a Martin D28, a 1972 Sigma dm12-5 and a 1945 Hopf parlor.

Electric: Fender American Special Stratocaster

Semi-pro artist and studio musican

And now a confession. I'm in Love with My J-35

Hi Guys. In Canada here. Long time player both Acoustic & Electric. Been using a 2012 Southern Jumbo, which I love, for live performances and just added a J15 to my collection. Posted a new thread about this guitar. Cheers.

Hello, from Sweden

Playing a 2013 J-35.

Also play a Martin D28, a 1972 Sigma dm12-5 and a 1945 Hopf parlor.

Electric: Fender American Special Stratocaster

Semi-pro artist and studio musican

And now a confession. I'm in Love with My J-35

From what we hear - lots of folks are in love with those J-35s ! Let us know if there is somewhere we can go to hear your work.

Hi Guys. In Canada here. Long time player both Acoustic & Electric. Been using a 2012 Southern Jumbo, which I love, for live performances and just added a J15 to my collection. Posted a new thread about this guitar. Cheers.

Canada, eh ? Grew up 140 miles from your border. We used to travel there to play hockey, and we counted it as a "win" if nobody on our team ended up in the hospital...Welcome to the Gibson forum, lots of knowledgeable a nice folks here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am Adrian from Perth, Western Australia. I am the proud owner of a J200 Std, a Hummingbird and a LG-2 American Eagle.

Before buying my first Gibson, I had 2 Martin's - a D-28 and a Clapton 000-28 (I had previously owned and sold a 000-15m as well). All lovely guitars. I then bought the J-200, fell in lust with it and barely picked up the Martin's again. I ended up selling the two Martins and getting the other two Gibsons. You don't see many Gibson acoustics in Perth, so went out on a limb and bought the J-200 and Eagle sight unseen. I was able to play the bird prior to purchase. I took a risk but it was worth it. I love the sound and playability. The nut width just suits me better. Don't get me wrong, I still liked my Martin's, they were excellent guitars, and will likely get another, just not any time soon, considering I acquired all three Gibsons within the last year, and there not cheap over here.

I have been trawling the forums for the past year or so and thought it was time to introduce myself.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi all,

I am Adrian from Perth, Western Australia. I am the proud owner of a J200 Std, a Hummingbird and a LG-2 American Eagle.

Before buying my first Gibson, I had 2 Martin's - a D-28 and a Clapton 000-28 (I had previously owned and sold a 000-15m as well). All lovely guitars. I then bought the J-200, fell in lust with it and barely picked up the Martin's again. I ended up selling the two Martins and getting the other two Gibsons. You don't see many Gibson acoustics in Perth, so went out on a limb and bought the J-200 and Eagle sight unseen. I was able to play the bird prior to purchase. I took a risk but it was worth it. I love the sound and playability. The nut width just suits me better. Don't get me wrong, I still liked my Martin's, they were excellent guitars, and will likely get another, just not any time soon, considering I acquired all three Gibsons within the last year, and there not cheap over here.

I have been trawling the forums for the past year or so and thought it was time to introduce myself.

Cheers

Adrian

New member here, joined a few weeks back when I just got a new '15 SG Special, now I have 4 Gibson Electrics and one acoustic - My Gibson Acoustic is an Advanced Jumbo that I bought used from Elderly Instruments in Lansing MI. about six years ago now. I have a Martin D-15 all Mahogany Dred as well. I sold off a Taylor 710 Dred to get the funds to buy the Gibson Advanced Jumbo. When I had a chance to play the Taylor and the Gibson back to back, there was no question in my mind which guitar I had to claim for my big voiced Dred. I play acoustic with a vocalist who used to be the singer in the 10 piece Horn band I'm in - that band was mostly blues rock based music, the singer just didn't want to do amplified music any more. We do covers of early Stones acoustic, Black Crowes acoustic, Little Feat, Dylan, Geo. Harrison, mostly songs that were not in hit single rotation on the radio. I use the Gibson AJ for open tuning and slide work, and the Martin for std. tuning stuff. When I played the AJ, I heard the classic Spruce/Rosewood guitar that I had been hearing in my head for so long - way back in my youth I had a Guild D-40. I loved the tone of that guitar but had to sell it in order to pay rent my last semester in college - it took a while to replace it but I think I did ok. I'm still in the bigger electric Horn R&B band and we have a female singer now, but I love doing open mic nights with my old singer from the big band; covering those songs you didn't hear all the time on the radio - if you owned the album, you will have heard these songs. We have a blast. I was in advertising for over 20 years, an Agency Producer. My clients were all Fortune 500 Domestic Big 3 Auto companies, some banks, insurance co's and the US Navy. I'm freelancing now, have done an Indie feature film as VFX & Audio Post Supervisor, and bounced around my market between trad and digital agencies as a freelance producer. Music is the first love, producing pays the bills.

Hi all,

I'm Brett and am just getting involved in the Gibson world. Been playing guitar for 20 years or so. Had Taylors first, and a few Martins. (Currently a D-28 Marquis) I'm gonna buy a Gibson this year, hopefully sooner than later. I like the J45 so far, but might save up the extra coin for a J45-TV. I really like the extra "something" an Adi top provides. Anyway, glad to be a member here and will be learning a lot about Gibsons in the near future.

Hey Double - early Stones acoustic - love just thinking about that, cool. Tx - a d-28 Marquis - nice nice guitar, you'll love hunting down a J-45. Just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome to the Gibson forum, lots of knowledgable folks hang out here.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this in the main intro section...but I'm shamelessly post padding to get to 5 so I can put an ad up.

Names actually Ryan, from vancouver island canada.

Here's my little Blues King. From 02 or 03. Kinda beat up, but not for sale. Ever.

2015-04-27%2008.40.27_zpsunezckub.jpg

Cheers,

R

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

New to the Gibson forum. I'm 45, been playing since I was teenager. I play in a hard rock cover band at the moment, but spent many years with original bands, song writing and recording. The user name is not to be taken so seriously. I don't believe in the whole Fender-vs-Gibson thing. I've played both for years now - and others - and there is no "better". My Les Paul (mid 90s standard sunburst with Fralin pickups) would usually have been my go-to guitar for 80-90% of what I do. Since I was lucky enough to get an original 58 strat last year things have maybe shifted a bit, but hey, it's all good.

I'm mostly into rock/hard rock/metal of various kinds but starting to develop a taste for some country. Which is also what brought me to the forum since I'm in the market to upgrade my old Ibanez acoustic - and as nice as many of the Martins and Taylors are I keep coming back to a Gibson J45 standard. It just has the sound and feel I'm after for this - but there are quite a few question marks given how all over the place Gibson has been with J45s over the years.