Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm Mike from Virginia. I just bought my first Gibson acoustic...a J-15. I'd owned a couple of Gibson electrics but these days I only play acoustics. I'm very pleased with my new J-!5 and glad to be here on the forum. Seems to be plenty of good information and knowledge here.

Hello! I'm Stephen, from Liverpool,UK.

I've been reading the forum for several months and bought my Gibson J-15 just under two weeks ago. My first Gibson, something I've wanted for a long time, and certainly not my last. I love playing country blues and related music, which I guess is the reason I gravitated towards Gibson slope-shoulders. I've found lots of good information here while wondering which Gibson to buy, and I'm looking forward to being involved in discussions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a member of the Epiphone Lounge for some time. I have played the guitar for more than 50 years and I am a long time singer/songwriter, playing a Guild D55 for 40 years this June. As a member of the Worship band at church, I felt it was time to get a Gibson to plug in and get that nice clean, full sound. I decided on a Gibson J-35 and am awaiting its arrival later this coming week. I have owned several Epiphone electrics, but never a Gibson acoustic. This guitar is going to be a nice change and I am glad to share my enthusiasm as part of this great forum. Thank you!

100_0593.jpg

This was purchased new by me in 1976 at the first Guitar Center in LA on Sunset Blvd. The neck wear is all mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

I am a guitarist who has been playing for quite a long time, mostly singing along easy pop songs.

A year and a half ago I decided to start taking the guitar seriously and have been working hard on blues standard from the forties and fifties.

After a whole year playing everyday a cheap Eastman i didn't like so much, I afforded a standard j-45 I had saved for.

I hate bright guitars and understood quite fast that a J-45 and a Guild M20 was what I was after.

The Guild will be mine when They will build them again in the US with a Nitro finish and all...

My favourite acoustic musician is Nick Drake and my goal is to be able to write songs in that particular style of his.

I started by playing with a thumb pick and long nails, but since I got the J-45 I play more and more with bare fingers at low volumes!

Hello everybody!

I am a guitarist who has been playing for quite a long time, mostly singing along easy pop songs.

A year and a half ago I decided to start taking the guitar seriously and have been working hard on blues standard from the forties and fifties.

After a whole year playing everyday a cheap Eastman i didn't like so much, I afforded a standard j-45 I had saved for.

I hate bright guitars and understood quite fast that a J-45 and a Guild M20 was what I was after.

The Guild will be mine when They will build them again in the US with a Nitro finish and all...

My favourite acoustic musician is Nick Drake and my goal is to be able to write songs in that particular style of his.

I started by playing with a thumb pick and long nails, but since I got the J-45 I play more and more with bare fingers at low volumes!

Welcome aboard VG. I am a finger player too - and that J-45lends itself very nicely to that - its also a great song-writing companion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm Stephen, from Liverpool,UK.

I've been reading the forum for several months and bought my Gibson J-15 just under two weeks ago. My first Gibson, something I've wanted for a long time, and certainly not my last. I love playing country blues and related music, which I guess is the reason I gravitated towards Gibson slope-shoulders. I've found lots of good information here while wondering which Gibson to buy, and I'm looking forward to being involved in discussions.

Welcome Sir...I just had bought my J-15 a couple months prior to when you bought yours, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am here. Looking forward to conversing with you in the future.

Welcome Sir...I just had bought my J-15 a couple months prior to when you bought yours, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am here. Looking forward to conversing with you in the future.

Thank you! I have had a problem with my J-15 that is now solved (the under saddle transducer ribbon was causing poor intonation and in my opinion was a tone and volume killer). I'm enjoying it very much again now I've removed that ribbon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Hey Hey this is my first tour in the forum! Greetings to the world from in the heart of Texas. My instrument is a 2013 modern classic Gibson hummingbird. I am very partial to the Gibson acoustic guitar. I will say, I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but buying a Gibson hummingbird has not been one of them!!!!!! Again to all, Hello and keep playing! It's helps to maintain our sanity!!

Hey Hey Hey this is my first tour in the forum! Greetings to the world from in the heart of Texas. My instrument is a 2013 modern classic Gibson hummingbird. I am very partial to the Gibson acoustic guitar. I will say, I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but buying a Gibson hummingbird has not been one of them!!!!!! Again to all, Hello and keep playing! It's helps to maintain our sanity!!

Welcome! I,too, have a Gibson 'bird from 1965. They're great guitars. Also have a bit of Texas background (Austin area) and a lot of horse stories, like many Lone Star folks. Hope you enjoy the forum - lots of nice people here.

Long time lurker thought it's about time I register.

I've been playing off and on since 1975.

I own 2 Gibson acoustics. 1947 L48 Arch top and a 2013 J-35.

my other 3 guitars are a 1975 Fender 12 string, a 1975 Ovation Balladeer and a Epiphone L00

Play mostly Blues and Classic Rock

Welcome aboard the board ! Ovation Baladeer in its day was one sweet guitar - I think Cat Stevens when I hear that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

my name is Justin and I live in North Carolina. I own two Gibson acoustic's a 2016 J15 and a 1974 Blue Ridge named Norlin.

Welcome aboard. Lots of good people here with a lot of knowledge. Go to the "acoustic section" and introduce yourself. I found there is a lot more action there! Enjoy the ride!