Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hi,

I am Jort, 31 years old and dedicated myself to the acoustic guitar. I'm currently own an Guild DV-6, but I am looking for a Gibson acoustic as well. I am hoping to find some good info on this forum to help me make my decision.

Good luck in your search, and welcome aboard! Interesting combination of locations you list with your avatar.......

Thanks! About the Locations: I live in the Netherlands, but my parents in law have got a house in Davenport Fl. Twice or three time a year I'll be around in Florida. Love the area over there. And you can't beat the weather... hahaha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Rich here from Orlando. I've been playing an '06 Songwriter Deluxe EC since around '08. I had gotten out of music for a while- just had no inspiration until I heard a girl playing her SD in a club in Baltimore while I was killing time one evening on a business trip. I vowed then and there to get one. Found one a couple months later and its beautiful sound inspired me to play until I got my callouses back. Never looked back since. Been in several bands since then and played rhythm guitar on a first (for me) CD last year. I owe it all to the sweet sound of the Gibson that inspired me to keep playing and practicing.

• 2 weeks later...

You know....I thought I had long ago introduced myself on here....guess not.....

My name is Rob, and I live in Danville, CA, (makes my sign-on name pretty clear, eh?).

Danville is in the SF Bay Area.

I grew up in the SF Bay Area, and was a working musician from about 1965 'til about 1967, (not that long, now that I see it written...seems much longer back then).

I got out of music totally in 1969, sold off everything before I was drafted.

Started buying back 'stuff' when I got out of the Army, first acoustic was a Gibson Jubilee, (1969 or 1970).

Don't play out much anymore, but will play with anyone, anytime if I can.

I work in the heavy-duty vehicle manufacturing industry, (for 45 years now).

I'm a dog breeder, exhibitor and conformation judge.

I grow and make olive oil, and grow wine grapes, (but so far my wine sucks).

Been playing a Dove since my beautiful wife bought me one back in about 1980 or so.

Hey, thanks for the background Rob - San Francisco music scene in those mid/late 60s must've been nusto at times. If you ever get close to the Rockies in Colorado, give me a heads-up and we'll bang out a couple of tunes in the mountain air !

We'll have to get together on my next trip.

We're putting new buses into Denver RTD soon, (probably starting next year), and I usually have to make a few trips there when they get new buses.

Hi All... I'm new to the forum. After owning/selling several guitars in my life, I just purchased

a 1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul which I'll likely keep forever! A friend knew how much I loved this guitar

and sent me a quick e-mail saying; I was just at Mandolin Bros (NY) and your guitar is there and it is MINT.

Well, he was right, the guitar looks like it was made last week, and has no play time on it.

After owning it for a week, I've logged at least 15 hours... It just plays like we all dream.

post-47746-006608000 1349720642_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Jason from Los Angeles and I just bought my first Gibson, an Advanced Jumbo!

Welcome to Gibson World Jason Bob, lots of fun, info, and good folks here.

I've met a couple of Billy Bobs down south never Jason Bob till now Guess LA is down south as well eh [wink]

Grats on your AJ.

Hello ! You've stumbled into a delightful forum here - congrats on the Gibson acquisition !

Thanks. Spending a lot of great retirement time getting reaquainted with guitar and music in general...and having a gas m

aking up for lost time with these guitars. J.D.

DanvilleRob....Give a holler. I'm in Vacaville. Played electric in mid/late 60's in Detroit. J.D.

Hi, I'm from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. I've had a long, circuitous route to my current and only guitar: a new Blues King which I use for jazz (believe it or not), and general fingerpicking (I confess to the occasional bit of blues, but not as much as my guitar choice would seem to indicate).

My Gibsons have included (in order):

1976 Les Paul Deluxe (it was 15 years old when I got it in school)

1998 Les Paul Studio (thank you previous girlfriend--you were always too good for me--ha)

2001 ES-135

1959 ES-125 (I still smack myself for letting that one go...jazz, slide, it had it all)

1937 Black Special #4 (L50)

2012 Blues King

Feel free to laugh at me for following a really predictable path: Led Zeppelin covers, to hmmm what about jazz, to realizing I will never be Barney Kessel, to finally giving in to the convenience, sparkle, and fun of acoustic music. Well. I guess I can still plug in my Blues King...heh.

Hmmm. Looking back over this history, I guess I'm a complete wanker. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...