Gibson Brands Forums

robot system does not work, light white

Malolo

Hi

My name is Manuel, I'm from Chile I need help about my robot explorer.

When I want to use robot sistema, and pull on the knob and stream the strings appear a white light like apple.

¿How I can repair this problem?

Español

Cuando tiro del knob y toco las cuerdas para afinar aparece una luz blanca con forma de manzana, también aparece un sonido y la guitarra no afina.

¿Cómo puedo repararlo?

• 5 weeks later...

Usually, the white light is a result of 2 strings touching, or YOU accidently making them touch something. If they are touching a fret, or your hand, you can get the white light. Also, when in doubt, Fresh strings always make the guitar happier. I have a Robot SG, and a Darkfire.. both will start acting up when the strings are aging.

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem as this. Went through and checked all the obvious spots where short circuit could occur - looked good. Changed strings twice now just in case I'd missed something - still the white flashing symbol indicates a fault. Anything else I could try? Is there a wiring diagram somewhere so I can check for short circuit or loose connection or wire?

I don't have this type of guitar but just from a trouble shooting point of view, if the white light indicates a string to string short it looks like it would be easy to check with a multi meter set to show continuity.

I don't have this type of guitar but just from a trouble shooting point of view, if the white light indicates a string to string short it looks like it would be easy to check with a multi meter set to show continuity.

You'd think so, but in fact it's more complicated than that. There's a weird arrangement, where 3 of the strings carry data to the tuners and the other 3 act as earth. Also there are 3 isolated points of contact: tail piece (with ceramic inserts), bridge and the machine heads. Obviously there's no short at the string ends (they are cut short and not touching), so the short must be in the bridge or the tail piece (or perhaps in the electronics inside the body). That's why I was hoping to find a wiring diagram so we can isolate and check these to see if we can find the problem.

Archived