Gibson Brands Forums

SG standard 2008 specs?

MathieuTrépanier

You should have the following as I do not think the baked maple models were available yet

Neck pickup-490R neck pick up

Bridge pickup-498T bridge pick up

12" Finger board radius

SG profile neck

Rosewood fretboard

Set Neck

Mahogany Body

Trapizoid Acrylic Inlays

Gibson Deluxe Tuners

Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Stop Tail Piece

Maybe some of the others will chime in and add to the spec if I forgot some.

I think you made a wise choice by trading in your Fender Strat [thumbup] I may get some bad feedback from some others on here who really like Fender guitars but oh well this is a Gibson Forum!!! I hope you enjoy your new SG!!! I really enjoy my 2006 SG standard. Can you post some pics of your new SG? I am sure there are several on here who would like to see it too, Tim

You should have the following as I do not think the baked maple models were available yet

12" Finger board radius

SG profile neck

Rosewood fretboard

Set Neck

Mahogany Body

Trapizoid Acrylic Inlays

Gibson Deluxe Tuners

I think you made a wise choice by trading in your Fender Strat [thumbup] I may get some bad feedback from some others on here who really like Fender guitars but oh well this is a Gibson Forum!!! I hope you enjoy your new SG!!! I really enjoy my 2006 SG standard. Can you post some pics of your new SG? I am sure there are several on here who would like to see it too, Tim

That should cover it ![biggrin]

Yeah Thanks! I really do appreciate my new SG! A lot more than my old start! Haha! Best move I did this year! ;) Well, I tried to post some pictures but it always says that the pic is to big? Anyone can help me? Sorry for my English..I am doing my best! :)

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Click on this link as it will help you with posting pics and show you how to do it. It is easy and it is how I do it, Tim

Thanks! I feel that the Les Paul have, of course, more sustain! But it also have a creamier tone overall . The neck is very similar and thats the reason I went for a SG. I do like my new SG a lot though! More bite and snappier tone is ''au rendez-vous!'' ahaha! I like them both! Les Paul for refined tone and SG for in your face tone.. thats the way I work it out! What do you think? Now Im craving for a ES 335.. My trio is going to be complete... well for now! ;) Geez thats a curse..! Be richer would be a great thing! haha! :)

PS: God I made the right choice by trading my old collecting dust stratocaster!

Thanks! I feel that the Les Paul have, of course, more sustain! But it also have a creamier tone overall . The neck is very similar and thats the reason I went for a SG. I do like my new SG a lot though! More bite and snappier tone is ''au rendez-vous!'' ahaha! I like them both! Les Paul for refined tone and SG for in your face tone.. thats the way I work it out! What do you think?

Agreed! My LP Classic Custom has the 57 Classic pickups, which give the sound a nice purr. If I want some snarl ("in your face tone" as you put it) or edge to the sound I just plug in my SG Standard with the 490R/498T pickups.

Yea I really like the stock pick ups in my SG. I have my amp set to when I am picking softly the pick ups sound nice and mellow but when I pick more agressively, that SG really comes alive!!!! I thought I would miss the sustain compared to the les paul I had but the more I play my SG the better I like it everytime. It is by far my most favorite guitar I have ever had. Here is mine, it is a 2006 natural burst. Well looks like I forgot to wipe the finger prints off!!!! Tim

car007.jpg

• 8 months later...

12" Finger board radius

SG profile neck

Rosewood fretboard

Set Neck

Mahogany Body

Trapizoid Acrylic Inlays

Gibson Deluxe Tuners

I have a 2006 SG standard does it have the same specs as the 2008?

Thanks

Archived