Gibson Brands Forums

NGD EJ-200 Natural

LPDEN

Well as already revealed in the other thread, when I found out the EJ-200 production ceased in favor of the dressed down EJ-200 Artist, I knew putting off the purchase for the future was no longer a viable option if I wanted to own an EJ-200. Yes, I'd love to opt for the Gibson J-200, but I can't justify the added $2,500 +/- cost when the reality is the Epi EJ-200 is such a great acoustic that suits my playing needs and then some just fine. I was lucky enough to track this one down after a little more hunting. The second location had three (1 in Vintage Sunburst and 2 in Natural). As with the first store I located an EJ-200 in, the floor Natural model was damaged. Thankfully the second shop had the other Natural brand new still in the box in the back and not out on the floor. I gave it a quick once over and a little play time in the shop and it was perfect, so the search is done as I took it home. I gratefully present my new EJ-200 in Natural finish.

EJ200_NA_Splash.jpg

Actual pics uploading now...

1332396197[/url]' post='1157016']

Congratulations on your EJ200. Mine is acoustic electric and is a real pleasure to own and to play. Makes a great impression at gigs.

Thanks picker! The CE version is very nice, Congrats! I had considered the Cutaway/Electric version, but for my needs I only needed this and preferred the full body version mainly because it was more than lous enough or how I will use it. It also emulates the Gibby J-200 quite well, lessthe electronics.

The Epi Jumbo case arrived yesterday and has already helped the P.W. humidifier get the guitar where it needs to be. And in justbthe few days that have passed, I can hear a very subtle difference of it opening up already. It's going to get a fresh set of strings today. Next weekend it will accompany me to an acoustic jam...

1332610593[/url]' post='1159451']

Very nice! Is that jumbo case of good quality? I just ordered an edread case for my bird and I guess I better get a humidifier as well.....the humidity here is 27%. [omg]

It is TKL-like quality, so yes you should be happy with it if it is the same style that I received...

Archived