Gibson Brands Forums

Swamp Rock

Californiaman

I'm not informed/well-read on the ins & outs of 'swamp rock.' I always thought it was sort of made up by a CA dude named John Fogerty who wishes he was from LA. That's Louisiana, not Los Angeles. But like I say, I don't claim to be "in the know."

I can tell you about Swamp Pop though, at the risk of insulting your intelligence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_pop

The term"swamp rock or music"was either coined by Tony Joe White or was first used by a Journalist to decribe his music. it was either one or the other.I do rememember reading that in a music publication some years ago.

I know what the word means.

Frankly, It doesn't have anything to do with my song either.

humility - the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.

I will try to explain this 'kindly', a song cannot be humble,a song cannot have a modest opinion or a self worth.I can only guess the comment was made to you and not the song,so in a 'language that everyone here can easily understand' i take it as this,when people are posting up vids/songs of a certian genre and askin u to do the same,by you posting an orignal,one that is not studio quality and only one guitar and one voice,i would guess the masses would rather see your 'original' in either ..."talk the talk..walk the walk" thread or another thread INVITING people to post thier talent/playing/songs.I personally would never post myself playing/singing in the same thread as national artists videos or songs as it would make me look/sound worst than i really am.Now mind you if your name was Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughn,then you could post whatever you want, whereever you want,and noone would care.I cant speak for other forum dudes,but i'd bet a cold beer thats what he meant.Not bashin your song,its just in the wrong thread imo.

Archived