• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plans for Traktor 2.5?

#1 User is offline   Shinjiru 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hey there Stanton/Gibson, hopefully the merger means a bit more time and personnel invested for software support for the customers who bought the system 1 to system 4. I'm sure most of us Traktor users are wondering if you guys have any plans for a preset for 2.5? I myself have been running 2.03 for quite awhile because of issues of an updated Traktor not playing nice with the SCS.1. So It's been close to or just over a year with no new software updates, do you guys have any plans or at least a statement regarding the SCS.1? I'm sure a lot of people don't find it too fair to still be selling this system in stores with minimal software support for your customers. It is a wonderful unit and I don't mean to sound cross but it has been way too long since anyone from Stanton has officially said anything regarding the state of System 1 updates, are any other System 1 users with me on this one? Oh and by the way, good call on getting rid of Darouter for the System 4.

#2 User is offline   brainstorm2001 

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hello shinjiru,

Based on the post of the old forum I'm sure every scs.1 user are in the same page as you.

All of us are quite happy with the scs.1 series but nobody Likes the way Stanton treat us in the past.

No support/No updates/no help to (at least) create our own presets.

Regards

#3 User is offline   JohnXVI 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I just hope Stanton realizes how good the SCS.1D really is. There is nothing I would like on this controller that is does not already have. It is one of those pieces of gear that are a bit ahead of its time, and they don't do as well globally because they are not a "me too" product. As for Traktor 2.5, I am sure we will see an update. I'm more concerned about their long time commitment. This controller is too good to discontinue support.

#4 User is offline   Shinjiru 

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Well one thing that would be nice is at least an update or a comment or even acknowledgement from Stanton and/or Gibson that us SCS1 owners still exist to them. I love the system but ever day the Denon 3900s are looking better and better for my scratching platter needs

#5 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Stanton Ambassadors
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostShinjiru, on 19 April 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Well one thing that would be nice is at least an update or a comment or even acknowledgement from Stanton and/or Gibson that us SCS1 owners still exist to them. I love the system but ever day the Denon 3900s are looking better and better for my scratching platter needs

From what I am led to believe, the presets should work the same as they do currently. That said, we are in the same boat as you-until we get a beta we don't even know for sure.
-Former- Stanton Product Manager
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#6 User is offline   Shinjiru 

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Cool. Myself and I'm sure the rest of the forum members/SCS1 owners appreciate the response, glad to know we're on the rader Prof. Thanks

#7 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostShinjiru, on 21 April 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Cool. Myself and I'm sure the rest of the forum members/SCS1 owners appreciate the response, glad to know we're on the rader Prof. Thanks

No problem. I really wish I had more for you... :(
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#8 User is offline   Dj. 47thaHitMan 

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

My scs1m is showing all zeros in darouter software. Will I have to send it for repairs or is this a simple fix? Also is there any place I can order a replacement slipmat for the scs1d?

#9 User is offline   djanderz 

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostDj. 47thaHitMan, on 12 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

My scs1m is showing all zeros in darouter software. Will I have to send it for repairs or is this a simple fix? Also is there any place I can order a replacement slipmat for the scs1d?

mine shows all zero's on my scs.1d . what does it mean?

#10 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostDj. 47thaHitMan, on 12 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

If your SCS.1m is showing all 0's for the device ID it isn't an issue. It is only when you have 2 SCS.1D's that both have 0's that it is an issue. It will cause one to not show up in software as they both have the same identifier.
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#11 User is offline   Dj. 47thaHitMan 

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

I also have a problem when I plug in my external harddrive it shuts down the mixer in darouter software. I'm just having problems all the way around.

#12 User is offline   Shinjiru 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yeah it's a shame to hear about the 000000 ID numbers. I had the same issue when I got mine, sent them away to be fixed (as well as certain dots not displaying on the LCD/Dot Matrix on the decks) Now the decks were fixed with the ID issue but the strips were not and now they're getting worse. Once I transferred my Traktor to a new PC DaRouter crashes a lot too. Now I haven't really dug deep into the problem but I know as far as customer support goes I can do all that usual "fixit" stuff myself. Did you try re-installing the software? Did you add any new components to your PC? Did you download the newest Version? Is your SCS.1 system up to date? Did you try a new firewire cable and so on and so forth. Now I love these things but man is it sketchy doing a live set knowing DaRouter will crash at any given moment. I did a set the other day just using my X1s and Vinyls but still had the decks hooked up and it crashed as well. If it kept playing I would just reboot DaRouter but in true fashion it stops the music as well. So now that Traktor 2.5 is out, I'm going to upgrade, try the SCS.1ds and if they don't work like they used to I'm done here and the decks are gonna be stands for my vinyls and X1s. I understand the propitiatory software for the jogwheels but Gibson/Stanton needs to meet us halfway and toss us a bone to update these things a bit or make them full midi and let us do it ourselfs. These decks are so dope but in the state they're in it's like owning a Lambo that only starts when it's downhill, 2nd and 4th gear don't work and the left blinker is busted.

#13 User is offline   Dj. 47thaHitMan 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Now I'm having a problem with my deck not being recognized, even tho I have the latest firmware installed. My SCS1m only works now with the deck linked but not showing the deck in darouter it's beginning to become a problem with doing live sets. Anyone know of a way to solve this problem?

#14 User is offline   djanderz 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostDj. 47thaHitMan, on 31 May 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Now I'm having a problem with my deck not being recognized, even tho I have the latest firmware installed. My SCS1m only works now with the deck linked but not showing the deck in darouter it's beginning to become a problem with doing live sets. Anyone know of a way to solve this problem?

which traktor darouter preset are u using? are u using v3.0

#15 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postdjanderz, on 31 May 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

which traktor darouter preset are u using? are u using v3.0

Do either of your Device ID's show up as all Zeros?
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#16 User is offline   Dj. 47thaHitMan 

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostProfessorbx, on 31 May 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

My SCS1m is showing all 0's nothing is showing up for the SCS1d

#17 User is offline   djanderz 

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostProfessorbx, on 31 May 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

just my scs.1d

#18 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Postdjanderz, on 01 June 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

just my scs.1d

Shoot me a PM. We can fix it.
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#19 User is offline   djanderz 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostProfessorbx, on 01 June 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

thanks pm me on how to fix this, cheers

#20 User is offline   mastermind 

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

I too have a problem with all zeros on two 1d decks as well as the 1m mixer... could you please help me?

P.S.Many of the SCS1 users are experiencing the exact same problems and I think it would be beneficial if any fixes could just be posted here in the open forum instead of in the privacy of PM. That way these same questions wouldn't have to be asked over and over again...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users