Gibson Brands Forums

May have a line on an old classic

bonzoboy

Today I went for my first Remicade infusion and the nurse who was administering the meds noticed from my chart that I was a musician.Anyway it turns out that he plays guitar too and when I showed him the pix of my"babies"he couldn't help but notice the proliferation of Fenders and told me that there was a guy he knows quite well has a natural finish 1978 Fender Starcaster and case in mint condition.He said that the guy never plays it as his old Martin is his main guitar.If I can get this for a decent price then my 360/12 is going to have to wait somewhat longer.Now if someone could find me a reverse body 1964 Firebird VII with 3 mini-buckers and a Vibrola or a '61 SG bodied 3 pup Les Paul Custom with Vibrola I'd really be over the moon.I could've bought one of each for about $400 a piece back in the mid 70s but stupid like never took out a loan to buy them.

Thanks Thunderchild-I don't know if it's psychosomatic or what but the pain in my hands doesn't seem to be as severe.In the meantime while I was there there was another guy there who was getting his 34th treatment and he said that after his first treatment he noticed a big difference,so you never know that may be the case with me.If I can get up tomorrow morning and play Machine Gun note for note I'll know for sure that it worked-lol.Thanks for your support and prayers-much appreciated,cheers.

BTW a Starcaster would be a sweet addition as the Fender humbuckers are not at all like the Gibson ,they don't have the cool raunchy edge that Gibson HBers have but are rather smooth and mellow.Randy Bachman of BTO played one for that beautiful Lenny Breau influenced lead break on Blue Collar.

Archived