Gibson Brands Forums

Using Tremolo in alternate tunings?

AnthonyC

Hi everyone,

I just received my ZT3 today and I'm not quite sure about something. (before anybody refers me to it, I've already watched the video by Ned on how to adjust everything)

Am I right in assuming that when the alternate tunings are selected, you cannot use the tremolo (in other words, you have to leave it locked?)? For example, if I select a tuning 1/2 step down, if I move the tremolo arm out of the locked position, it reverts back to it's standard tuning and back to a floating trem?

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi everyone,

I just received my ZT3 today and I'm not quite sure about something. (before anybody refers me to it, I've already watched the video by Ned on how to adjust everything)

Am I right in assuming that when the alternate tunings are selected, you cannot use the tremolo (in other words, you have to leave it locked?)? For example, if I select a tuning 1/2 step down, if I move the tremolo arm out of the locked position, it reverts back to it's standard tuning and back to a floating trem?

Thanks,

Anthony

Yes, you lock into a different tuning other than the middle floating position. Anytime you unlock you are going back to the middle tuning.

Archived