Gibson Brands Forums

PEDAL BOARD HELP

PA.AXEMAN

NEED HELP PUTTING PEDAL BOARD SET UP TO A HOT ROD DEVILLE,AND USING MY AMPS OVERDRIVE IN A EFFECT LOOP I NOW HAVE PEDAL BOARD INTO CLEAN CHANNEL DOES THE AMPS FOOT SWITCH ALLOW ME TO GO THROUGH BOTH CHANNELS OR WHAT THANK YOU JACK.........

• 3 weeks later...

I think the amp you're talking about is only meant to have one input at a time. The reason there are 2 jacks is for different levels of gain out of different guitars. Stick with low z, unless you notice problems ie crunchiness in your clean sound. The next thing to address is gain structure. This is the traditional signal path, but experimentation is good:

Imagination --> into Guitar

Guitar --> into Gain

Gain Pedals like volume/expression, compression, overdrive, distortion --> into Modulation

Modulation Pedals like chorus, pitch shift, eq, wah, octave, synth etc -->

Time Based Pedals like reverbs and delays -->

Guitar Amp, for extra gain you can use channel switch on amp, but I use independent dedicated pedals for this in stage 3.

Did I make any sense?

I think the amp you're talking about is only meant to have one input at a time. The reason there are 2 jacks is for different levels of gain out of different guitars. Stick with low z, unless you notice problems ie crunchiness in your clean sound. The next thing to address is gain structure. This is the traditional signal path, but experimentation is good:

Imagination --> into Guitar

Guitar --> into Gain

Gain Pedals like volume/expression, compression, overdrive, distortion --> into Modulation

Modulation Pedals like chorus, pitch shift, eq, wah, octave, synth etc -->

Time Based Pedals like reverbs and delays -->

Guitar Amp, for extra gain you can use channel switch on amp, but I use independent dedicated pedals for this in stage 3.

Did I make any sense?

Personally I have had much better luck running my Wah before any distortion/fuzz pedals.

Archived