• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More slack key on an EF-500 Masterbilt music from Hawai`i

#1 User is offline   Fran Guidry 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWalnut Creek, CA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

We're back in Kailua, HI which means I'm playing my pair of EF-500s again. I decided to try a DI approach to avoid the ambient noise, and shot a video using a Duncan MagMic pickup, Boss GE-8 EQ pedal, DD-3 delay, and a Vox Amplug headphone amp to feed into a Zoom Q3HD. I also shot two other cameras and edited the whole mess in Edius Neo.

Here's "Pali O Ka Moa," a sweet old Hawaiian song set in the northernmost point of Hawai`i Island (the Big Island). Here in the days of sailing ships a steel cable was used to transfer passengers and goods from the cliff to the vessels below. The Cliff of the Rooster was a work site where the plantation workers were expected to be on the job _before_ the rooster crowed.

Fran

#2 Guest_nathan89_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostFran Guidry, on 27 March 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

We're back in Kailua, HI which means I'm playing my pair of EF-500s again. I decided to try a DI approach to avoid the ambient noise, and shot a video using a Duncan MagMic pickup, Boss GE-8 EQ pedal, DD-3 delay, and a Vox Amplug headphone amp to feed into a Zoom Q3HD. I also shot two other cameras and edited the whole mess in Edius Neo.

Here's "Pali O Ka Moa," a sweet old Hawaiian song set in the northernmost point of Hawai`i Island (the Big Island). Here in the days of sailing ships a steel cable was used to transfer passengers and goods from the cliff to the vessels below. The Cliff of the Rooster was a work site where the plantation workers were expected to be on the job _before_ the rooster crowed.

Fran

yes yes!!Posted Image

#3 User is offline   pfox14 

• BANNED

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Very nice little song Fran. Thanks for sharing it. Sure wish I was in Hawaii

#4 User is offline   Fran Guidry 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationWalnut Creek, CA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, guys. Yeah, it was 40 degrees F at home when we left, here when it gets down to 70 folks start shivering.

Fran

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users