Gibson Brands Forums

More slack key on an EF-500

Fran Guidry

We're back in Kailua, HI which means I'm playing my pair of EF-500s again. I decided to try a DI approach to avoid the ambient noise, and shot a video using a Duncan MagMic pickup, Boss GE-8 EQ pedal, DD-3 delay, and a Vox Amplug headphone amp to feed into a Zoom Q3HD. I also shot two other cameras and edited the whole mess in Edius Neo.

Here's "Pali O Ka Moa," a sweet old Hawaiian song set in the northernmost point of Hawai`i Island (the Big Island). Here in the days of sailing ships a steel cable was used to transfer passengers and goods from the cliff to the vessels below. The Cliff of the Rooster was a work site where the plantation workers were expected to be on the job _before_ the rooster crowed.

Fran

Guest nathan89

We're back in Kailua, HI which means I'm playing my pair of EF-500s again. I decided to try a DI approach to avoid the ambient noise, and shot a video using a Duncan MagMic pickup, Boss GE-8 EQ pedal, DD-3 delay, and a Vox Amplug headphone amp to feed into a Zoom Q3HD. I also shot two other cameras and edited the whole mess in Edius Neo.

Here's "Pali O Ka Moa," a sweet old Hawaiian song set in the northernmost point of Hawai`i Island (the Big Island). Here in the days of sailing ships a steel cable was used to transfer passengers and goods from the cliff to the vessels below. The Cliff of the Rooster was a work site where the plantation workers were expected to be on the job _before_ the rooster crowed.

Fran

yes yes!!g.gif

Archived