Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone has a acoustic guitar that I can have ? :)?

Guest kerwin36

Guest kerwin36

I can't afford one but want to play one. Really like the super Dove by Gibson..anyway I'll take any acoustic guitar cause I really want one !!!g.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Join Gibson on Facebook, they sometimes have competitions. I remember couple weeks ago they had a competition where they gave away a J-200. Now, you might have some competiotion, but you never know until you try it ...

If you're in London I have one you could borrow - I also have a broken Japanese Kimbara acoustic that needs some work that you are welcome to. I am going up get rid of it soon down the dump.

Matt

Heheeeeeee...whilst he's in town,..... He can pick up a set of old strings that I'm about to throw out if he wants them....

1297534645p105kM.jpg

[lol]

Seems you are on square 1 kerwin.

First move is to learn a trick. (maybe you have one already)

Second is to find a good place to perform it. The right sidewalk tile. Then take an orange piece of chalk and make some kind of mark/line/half circle.

Down goes the hat – up goes the trick – click say the coins.

Maybe even write a little sign : I aiming at a Gibson acoustic !

Before you know it something will happen - Let the summer show. . . .

C'mon this has to be somebody pulling our collective chain.

I agree with parlourman - a story replete with all kinds of heartache might have helped.

Hey, I paid $5 for my first guitar. It was an old Mexican cedar slot-head nylon-string that I converted to steel strings. Even put a pickguard on it. I didn't understand why it looked like it wanted to fold up like a cheap suit with those strings on it.

There are plenty of cheap guitars out there, and if he really wants a guitar, that's a good place to start. Don't expect anybody to hand you a fine guitar for nuthin', at least until you prove you "deserve" it. You'll also need some cash to buy strings every year or so ( [biggrin] )

Begging??? Seems to be just what the non working world has been doing the past 40 or so years, and the loving elected officials have been catering to! My taxes seem to show we are in the minority. I know we are not being censored by the moderators, commie officials, worldly dogooders, or other non tax paying folks? Have I left any other group out????? Martin 1940D28

Begging??? Seems to be just what the non working world has been doing the past 40 or so years, and the loving elected officials have been catering to! My taxes seem to show we are in the minority. I know we are not being censored by the moderators, commie officials, worldly dogooders, or other non tax paying folks? Have I left any other group out????? Martin 1940D28

Actually, I believe the non-working world has been largely sitting in investment banks for the past 40 years.

Maybe you should take your 1940 D-28 off into a corner and play for a while just to calm down.

Music doth calm the savage beast......

And, by the way, some of us "worldly do-gooders" pay taxes-- a LOT of taxes.

Well, there's the sob story I was after.... it's a bit more fiery than it is downtrodden though!

Personal platform rants aside, if you object to how your tax contributions are being spent wouldn't it be better to vent to an elected official in your constituency/town/city/country? ..or get involved yourself and try to make small changes that lead to greater change? Seems more sensible that political ranting on a guitar enthusiasts forum!

As for the taxes, I have the great 'joy' of being employed in a world that has now become a dirty word, I'm in banking, Global trading, investments, ICSD, custodianship, all the dirty ones so you would believe, all I would say is; It's not often I rise to a post such as this but what was written comes over as bolted together tabloid-snippets. I can only suggest reading a higher calibre of newspaper or news websites to get a richer, more rounded picture of the workings of what you're complaining about and that you direct your commentary in a suitable direction.

Have a nice day!

Archived