• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hummingbird Interesting fretboard

#1 User is offline   Damian Casey 

• Group: Members
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hello guys

I hope that you are all well. I have recently bought a new Hummingbird standard to pair up with my J45 standard. I love them both and have been totally bowled over by the "Bozeman effect".

I have a couple of questions that I hope perhaps one of you can help me with. My Hummingbird has an ebony fingerboard. This seems quite rare. Is that the case?

Also, just out of interest does anyone know at what stage during the production serial numbers are allocated and stamped? Because my Hummingbird was signed off late December 2011, but has a day number of 266.

Thanks very much.
Damian

#2 User is offline   Cruznolfart 

• Chief Bull Loony
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi Damian, welcome to the forums. Someone will toddle along here or in the lounge who can answer your questions on the Hummingbird. DanvillRob has a bit of experience with them. And the acoustic forum is a wealth of knowledge. Good luck and enjoy the forums.

#3 User is offline   pfox14 

• BANNED

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi Damian and welcome to the forum. Not sure if an ebony FB is rare on a HB, but I can tell you that the labels have to be applied to the backs of the guitars prior to assembly, so the guitar would have been ready to ship approx. 3-4 weeks after the label date. This includes assembly time and finishing, which is done after the label is installed.

#4 User is offline   Damian Casey 

• LocationLondon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

View Postpfox14, on 29 March 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hi Damian and welcome to the forum. Not sure if an ebony FB is rare on a HB, but I can tell you that the labels have to be applied to the backs of the guitars prior to assembly, so the guitar would have been ready to ship approx. 3-4 weeks after the label date. This includes assembly time and finishing, which is done after the label is installed.

Thanks very much pfox. Sorry for the late reply. I love my guitars more each day, they are so beautifully built.

I have added a picture for your interest.

Very best wishes
Damian

Attached Image: casey family small.jpg

#5 User is offline   Es maniac 

• LocationAthens Greece

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Man , these are really nice guitars... And the amps... good stuff ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users