Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage sound and colour??

FrederikThaysen

Ah man, that did it, I m getting in the car right now to drive 200 miles and play some of these babies - I got a feeling, hope I can pull one off the shelf that looks and sounds as sweet as yours. [drool]

Thank you so much! I have been playing my Bird for three days now, and I have gotten more and more in love with her. The colour is really growing on me and the sound is just perfect! I have never in my life played such a great sounding guitar before! It feels and sounds wonderful.

I highly reccomend that you get one yourself! You will not regret that you did!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, the Thomann tunes, brilliant !

I really do love the tone of the HB TV, yours sounds and looks splendid.

I can hear a tad tightness on the low end but she will open up and blossom beauitully over time, enjoy man !

Hi guys!

I'm from Denmark, and I'm about to buy my very first acoustic Gibson guitar - a Hummingbird True Vintage! And I couldn't be more excited!!!

Sadly, there are no True Vintage models in any store in DK right now. So I have recently called one of the local music stores and asked them about the possibility of ordering one for me. The salesman told me that there was one left in Sweden, and then he ordered it for me...

Now, I have two important questions to ask you guys:

1. I have never seen, played or even heard this guitar for real - only in youtube videos and pictures from Google. So my question is: Is this just too risky?? Most people would advice me to never buy a guitar that I haven't played before. But that was not a possibility for me. So, is the TV series so reliable that I can be almost sure that I'm getting fantastic quality or??

2. In most pictures I've seen of different Hummingbirds TV, they are very sparkling with a cherry red sunburst. But in other pictures the TV looks very dark brown and woody. Which colour is most common?? I would prefer the cherry red colour any day instead of the brown dark colour. Can anyone tell me, how the colour really looks?

This is the colour I'm hoping for:

http://www.google.dk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=da&gl=dk&client=safari&tab=wi&q=gibson%20hummingbird%20true%20vintage&sa=N&biw=320&bih=416#p=6

This is the colour I'm not hoping for (the right one):

http://www.google.dk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=da&gl=dk&client=safari&tab=wi&q=gibson%20hummingbird%20true%20vintage&sa=N&biw=320&bih=416#i=75

Cheers,

Frederik, DK

Hi.

If this is the Hyde Glue one & I were in your shoes I would do it. I would expect to be on the mark 90%.

The guitars are pretty responsive. I would bet on it being really really good.

Incidently though..the name they have given the guitar True Vintage is a stange one being the original 60's ones were no where near as good as these new ones.

Good LucK.

Main thing to understand is it is a mahogony guitar and that is sound you like best.

Would love to own one of those too.

Cheers

Archived