Gibson Brands Forums

I've strung em up !

EuroAussie

As some of you know we moved to a new place couple months ago, which inclued my own man cave, or music room...

Ive been working on it to making it more comfy adding a sofa, lava lamps and generally pimping it out in case i need to hybernate there for a few months like a bear ..

Anyway, yesterday was the final touch, getting the Gibsons up and letting em hang !

What do you think, looks alright ? Opens a bit of room and still leaves the back wall open for the movie nights ...

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

Love it ! A couple of well meant comments: The humidifier you have directs a moisture mist straight up, I have one of these, any guitar positined almost directly above that will get blasted with water, watch those, or perhaps move the humdifier to the opposite wall if you can? I use a less agressive but larger whole house evaporative humidifer in my room, but I live in semi-arid Colorado where the humidity is normally around 20%. Is there any sort of protective pad behind the guitars hanging on the wall? Perhaps a small square of carpet or padded felt, just to protect against the inevitable "wall bump". Lava lamp - outrageously cool ! Congrats on the new space - looks like an ideal place to hibernate and get lost in the music.

Yes, thank you for the comment about the humidifier, was thinking same myself, but now that my thinking was seconded I will move it out more away from the guitars. I also have to keep an eye out if the holder cup material will not effect the nitro finish of the Gibsons. The packing says it was tested on nitro and showed no sign of damage, but they also warned to keep an eye on it.

cheers !

Love it ! A couple of well meant comments: The humidifier you have directs a moisture mist straight up, I have one of these, any guitar positined almost directly above that will get blasted with water, watch those, or perhaps move the humdifier to the opposite wall if you can? I use a less agressive but larger whole house evaporative humidifer in my room, but I live in semi-arid Colorado where the humidity is normally around 20%. Is there any sort of protective pad behind the guitars hanging on the wall? Perhaps a small square of carpet or padded felt, just to protect against the inevitable "wall bump". Lava lamp - outrageously cool ! Congrats on the new space - looks like an ideal place to hibernate and get lost in the music.

Yes, I am making somewhat of an assumption here BK ...

Thank you guys, glad to have the forum seal of approval plus some good addition tips !

cheers.

EA

I take it there's no earth quaking in your area. . B)

Looks great EA.. [thumbup]

Lawdy, ya gotta love the view out the window.

I ain't had a room for all my junk in over a decade. But I do have a few reminders of those days.

005.jpg

BlackDiamondStrings0032.jpg

Only pic I have showing any part of the room - Never did hang the guitars on the wall though.

1960GibsonJ200.jpg

Now THAT's a man cave! Great view too. Hanging ... yeah just so you can look at 'em and grin.

Zomby .... Black Diamond strings ..... that looks like the packages I used in the 60's .... never changed strings until the wound ones started to unwind .... couldn't really tell the difference between old and new Black Diamond's ... they all sounded dead.

Hey Rod, its 220 volts here, and I think we go thorugh about $100 in electricity cost a month or so, give and take some ..

Hey EA, what is the power voltage where you live and how much does the monthly billing cost? (I know its off-topic) but still curious ?

Looks great!

BUT

Where's the mess? Too metro. Need a few full ashtrays, pizza trays, dirty dishes, dirty underwear or some stink or the wife will want to hang out there as well....

BluesKing777.

(I have tried to tidy my music room a bit - I turned the walk-in robes into guitar racks, but now I have a lot of the stuff that was in the robe. More work).

The Mrs will be going on a holday with her mum in the summer for a week. Expect the place to be full of empty pizza cases, plates and full ashtrays ... how exciting ... [rolleyes]

Looks great!

BUT

Where's the mess? Too metro. Need a few full ashtrays, pizza trays, dirty dishes, dirty underwear or some stink or the wife will want to hang out there as well....

BluesKing777.

(I have tried to tidy my music room a bit - I turned the walk-in robes into guitar racks, but now I have a lot of the stuff that was in the robe. More work).

The Mrs will be going on a holday with her mum in the summer for a week. Expect the place to be full of empty pizza cases, plates and full ashtrays ... how exciting ... [rolleyes]

Monday - I can be forgiven for earlier forgetting the most important ingredient....plonk! and empty plonk bottles

BluesKing777

Archived