Gibson Guitar Board: effects pedal - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

effects pedal

#1 User is offline   powelly95 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

basically...i was listening to VIVA Brother the other day, don't know who likes them, who doesn't etc... but i do, so yeahhhhh. on this video, the guitarist is using an effect pedal, the sound at about 40 seconds, like the sound speeding up and down. anyone know what pedal you would need to make this sound???

#2 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

If you want to find the video you speak of, and post it here, somebody might watch it and try to answer your question.

Expecting someone else to find some obscure video you're talking about, and then watch it, is IMO asking a lot dude.
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 1997 Epiphone LE Standard Plus Trans-Blue Les Paul,
2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR)
1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass, VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD. Acoustic B100 Bass Amp

My Music ----> http://soundcloud.com/bradley-e

#3 User is offline   powelly95 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

[ohhhh **** haha totally forgot to post the video. i had the url ready to post but obviously forgot to add it in.... haha at about 40 seconds is the sound..

#4 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Not sure, but I think that may be a modulator type of pedal.

Perhaps something like this http://www.epinions....pecs/Moog_MF102
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 1997 Epiphone LE Standard Plus Trans-Blue Les Paul,
2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR)
1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass, VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD. Acoustic B100 Bass Amp

My Music ----> http://soundcloud.com/bradley-e

#5 User is offline   powelly95 

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

ahh nice thanks! my friend said it could be a sort of pitch shifter?

#6 User is offline   damian 

• The Guitar Whisperer
  • LocationIn The Misty Mountains With My Black Dog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

View Postpowelly95, on 03 April 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

basically...i was listening to VIVA Brother the other day, don't know who likes them, who doesn't etc... but i do, so yeahhhhh. on this video, the guitarist is using an effect pedal, the sound at about 40 seconds, like the sound speeding up and down. anyone know what pedal you would need to make this sound???

Yes, I know..............Among the pedals on the floor; He's using a TC Electronic Tone Print "Chorus" pedal, followed by, and into,

a Boss DD-7 Digital Delay.....Now, he has the Chorus pedal on, and he turns the effect off, and right after

he does this, he reaches down and turns up one of the knobs on the Boss digital delay....He turns off the delay at the top of the rise, and

continues on with the song....His brutal tone is due to the high voltage real tube Blackstar pedals in his chain.....Nice song by the way.........

He's running some other pedal in front as well........:-k ....But the rise and fall sound is done by the Boss DD-7............
I use Atlas Stands because they are the best................. http://www.facebook.com/atlasstands ......American Made.......Rewind Pickups; MIA and the Best.......
.....................Codtone Pedals from OZ......................................." Ya'll remove hats, please "...................................Motor City Pickups......................................
.................................." I hate it when people compare god with jimmy page, I mean, he's good and all, but he's no jimmy page."..................................
Music Consultant, Songwriter........................................ - THE MENSA PRETZEL LOGIC PROJECT - .............................. Advocate for the Disabled, Gentle Hellraiser.

" It occured to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Einstein on his theory of relativity.
" Music is a higher relevation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." Ludwig von Beethoven
" There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.' Johann Sebastian Bach
" Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or a punching bag. It's not the thing itself; it's preparatory to the activity." Barney Kessel
" After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Hoxley
" There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have crossed this line." Pianist Oscar Lavant
" Music came before language; musical grunts became words." Damian (copyright)
" I know how to get there, all I've got to do is keep playing." Jimmy Page
" Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche
" Music is an outburst of the soul." Fredrick Deluis
" Rock and Roll forever, man." Unknown
" Damian's cool." NeoConMan
" WTF ??? " dem00n
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   powelly95 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

cheers man! thats really helpful, I've heard that sound a few times before and thought it sounds mega, but now i know! thanks! (: oh and also, I've been looking at the tc electronic polythene, have you had any experiences with it? good/bad?

#8 User is offline   damian 

• The Guitar Whisperer
  • LocationIn The Misty Mountains With My Black Dog

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

TC Electronics "Polytune" ?? The tuner ?? Many like and use it......Many prefer the Korg "PitchBlack" tuner.......I do, it's rather subjective though.....
I use Atlas Stands because they are the best................. http://www.facebook.com/atlasstands ......American Made.......Rewind Pickups; MIA and the Best.......
.....................Codtone Pedals from OZ......................................." Ya'll remove hats, please "...................................Motor City Pickups......................................
.................................." I hate it when people compare god with jimmy page, I mean, he's good and all, but he's no jimmy page."..................................
Music Consultant, Songwriter........................................ - THE MENSA PRETZEL LOGIC PROJECT - .............................. Advocate for the Disabled, Gentle Hellraiser.

" It occured to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Einstein on his theory of relativity.
" Music is a higher relevation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." Ludwig von Beethoven
" There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.' Johann Sebastian Bach
" Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or a punching bag. It's not the thing itself; it's preparatory to the activity." Barney Kessel
" After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Hoxley
" There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have crossed this line." Pianist Oscar Lavant
" Music came before language; musical grunts became words." Damian (copyright)
" I know how to get there, all I've got to do is keep playing." Jimmy Page
" Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche
" Music is an outburst of the soul." Fredrick Deluis
" Rock and Roll forever, man." Unknown
" Damian's cool." NeoConMan
" WTF ??? " dem00n
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   powelly95 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

yeah my bad! stupid autocorrect! haha ahh right, i will have a look at that one!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users