Gibson Brands Forums

Bonamassa's 59's and '60 with Bigsby

WahKeen

Such fine, well kept pieces of awesomeness. If I had the $, and he was selling, I would buy any of these no questions asked. Heck, I'd pay anywhere from a quarter mill to four hundred thousand. Half a mill? Probably. I'd eye these rather than J.G.'s. Ok, enough fantasizing. =P~

59'

417393_10150641331034659_8403829658_8972511_480782715_n.jpg

59'

407183_10150524819954659_8403829658_8637652_322902960_n.jpg

60'

421084_10150614897399659_8403829658_8881034_1676941914_n.jpg

Brett Diaz posts pics of Joe and his gear often on his website and fb musician page. Great GLP's, no doubt.

Very, very nice guitars abd I am sure they play great since Joe is one of the few famous musicians that dare to say that not all Bursts are great.

Having said that I would not buy a Burst even if I had won the Mega Millions, Gibson reissues are fantastic guitars.

Joaquin I see that you have all Custom Shop guitars now, when did this happen? which was the first one you bought that got you hooked?

Interesting bridge in front of that Bigsby.

And a good idea, I reckon that bigsby would end up wiggling the studs loose since they go straight into the wood.

Some folks simply add an extra thumbwheel and screw it all the way down against the wood.

Very, very nice guitars abd I am sure they play great since Joe is one of the few famous musicians that dare to say that not all Bursts are great.

Having said that I would not buy a Burst even if I had won the Mega Millions, Gibson reissues are fantastic guitars.

Joaquin I see that you have all Custom Shop guitars now, when did this happen? which was the first one you bought that got you hooked?

Yeah, Joe does know what he likes and wants... Riff, the first one was my r68, which I bought in 2010. I then donated my black Studio to my church, and so I bought my r60 goldtop in 2011. Then I sold my Studio cherry red faded in 2011, in order to go to California to play there. Then, I decided I wanted a 59' reissue, so I pulled the trigger last month.

I just loved the great job Gibson was doing with reissues and I read nothing but good things about customs So, I was "hooked" before I got my first one. But after the first, I said to myself I wanted another slim neck with BB1 and 2's for different range of sound. Then, I thought that I was going to own reissues, I "had to have" a '59 as my "dream" guitar. The other ones are dreams, but I'm a sucker for the closest thing I can get to a '59. This 59's neck is so freaking thick, it's like holding a baseball bat. Love it! Anyway, I doubt I will be getting any more since I want to stay married, lol.

I remember the info you gave me on Explorers, since you have at least one, to my recollection (more?). I have a Strat I want to sell/trade to maybe get an Explorer or something else... :-k Cheers!

Yea I have an Explorer from the USA line that is a great player and ended up buying an SG as well. I also have an R8 that I bought 2 years ago, great guitar,the R8 had the fattest neck you can imagine and played great but it was tiring after playing a couple of songs. I had the neck re-shaped and refinished to my liking, a nice D shape with not a lot of taper. The guitar is a keeper for two reasons, it is a great player and by reshaping the neck I probably killed the resale value [biggrin]

Archived