Gibson Brands Forums

Does this seem legit?

plagueskill

UM...that actually looks like a genuine '65ish Gibby.

True, mods drop the value, but a 335 without pups is still worth more than that. A geniune '65 should bring at LEAST as much as a new 335.

Hardtail mods from the dreaded trapeze are not uncommon.

I'd be jumping on that like a grown pup on fish. Like a cougar on a young dog. I'd for sure check authenticity.

UM...that actually looks like a genuine '65ish Gibby.

True, mods drop the value, but a 335 without pups is still worth more than that. A geniune '65 should bring at LEAST as much as a new 335.

Hardtail mods from the dreaded trapeze are not uncommon.

I'd be jumping on that like a grown pup on fish. Like a cougar on a young dog. I'd for sure check authenticity.

Aside from serial # how do you check it's authenticity?

Aside from serial # how do you check it's authenticity?

Seriel# really doesn't mean anything...all it can tell you at the most is that the seriel# matches the guitar, but forgers use real seriel#s a lot of the time. you can CATCH a fake if it doesn't match, but it don't mean it is authentic if it does.

Basically, you are looking for construction details...some of which will be unique to Gibson, and some will be unique to Chinese fakes. Or it can be another guitar modified to seem like a Gibson.

Posting as many pics here where folks can see it and give 'expert' opinion works pretty good, but aside from that, I don't know any obvious things to tell you to look for in a fake 335.

1333716222[/url]' post='1171889']

I can't believe someone would put emg's in a vintage ES335. [cursing] I'd also jump on this if I had the money and could confirm the authenticity. I'd put some 57 classics in there.

+1. Those would be my choice too, followed by PAF's.

Archived