Gibson Brands Forums

I'm going to Bozeman !

EuroAussie

Don't be to sure. I just came thru there and it is snowing. Wet...Heavy Spring snow. maybe 6 inches on the ground. The highways are a mess.

Ha, I'm from the great white north so, it doesn't bother me that much

[cool]

Btw, just returned from the show, Jimmy was fabolous. He's originally from Louisiana but moved to the Czech Republic 20 years ago, lives in the country side and plays in prague every few months. It was a pleasure to see him and I bougth his CD, was more than happy to help out.

What was interesting was his guitar, it was what orginally seems to be like a Gibson Gospel. But afterwards I had a chat with Jimmy as he said it was a 76' square shouldered J-50. He allowed me to have a play and have to say it sounded great. Even though it had the double X bracing the tone was rich, warm and open.

For his style it sounded favolous, not the loudes thing in the world but very woody and warm, plus rich. He's actually playing it in the video I posted.

Very enjoyable performance and myself and Mrs EA had a great time [thumbup]

Well I can geuinely tell you Em7 this square shoulderd, dobule X braced mid 70's J-50 ran rings around the modern, single braced Bird I played a couple days ago ... it was a really nice guitar.

Thought for a few seconds you would go there and have a serious talk with the staff about that dull Prague-Bird. . . .

In fact I think you should -

Archived