Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever seen a J-200 like this?

ritchie69

Laminate body??

I remember a site that seemed pretty precise in detailing the J200 (I came across it only once) and it mentions laminate B&S for J200's begining in 56'..!..?

If the laminate B&S was done to the more premium L5...(not sure 60's..pretty sure 70's)..it would not be a surprise that they did it to J200's.

If one is interested,Im sure its easy to find out..one thing I can pretty much testify to,in person,is that most Gibson Acoustics..including the King of the Flat Top Guitars, through the 60's-1988..

were pieces of furniture..and should be bought as such. I strongly suspect much of the mid to late 50's production to be the same.

I remember a site that seemed pretty precise in detailing the J200 (I came across it only once) and it mentions laminate B&S for J200's begining in 56'..!..?

If the laminate B&S was done to the more premium L5...(not sure 60's..pretty sure 70's)..it would not be a surprise that they did it to J200's.

If one is interested,Im sure its easy to find out..one thing I can pretty much testify to,in person,is that most Gibson Acoustics..including the King of the Flat Top Guitars, through the 60's-1988..

were pieces of furniture..and should be bought as such. I strongly suspect much of the mid to late 50's production to be the same.

how about this one :

Archived