Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone wilshire

lengle1981

Posted a few days ago about an epiphone ET275; however one of you guys mentioned the wilshere and now I've had my head turned.

Are the mini hums on these quite trebly like the ET275 is meant to be? Not sure what colour to go for yet tho, was looking at white but I don't think the white comes with the mini humbuckers!

Also if you guys have any pics of your own wilshire or have anythin to add then please post.

Cheers

Wilshire's are nice guitars and very comfy to play, nearly bought one earlier this year but didn't like the all white colour so I passed and bought a natural SE Tremonti instead.

Gotta agree with Metalrulez, try before you buy.

+1 On the comfort of the Wilshire. Speaking for the '62 USA reissues from the Gibson Custom shop, these are grand guitars on every level. The various MIC reissues are no slouches eiher and excellent values in the current various offerings. I particularly like the '66 reissue.

The white one you've seen is probably the Alpine White Wilshire Pro model. Although it comes with full size humbuckers it also has push/pull coil splitting for single coil use. It's a nice guitar for the money but there are differences between it and the '66. On the few Pro's I've seen, the body is a little thicker and the neck is a different shape. It would really come down to which felt best to you and the sound you were looking for. There's also the Wilshire Phantomatic (same body and neck as the Pro) which has a varitone fitted. That's about £150.00 more than a '66 or a Pro model though.

I owned an Epi ET278 for a while (the non-trem version of the ET275). I don't remember that as being particularly bright sounding. If I was to compare it to a Fender type sound I would say it was closer to a humbucker equipped Tele Deluxe rather than a regular Tele or Strat.

• 1 month later...

I'm Gonna see of I can pick up one of these on eBay. Only £219 brand new, if I can pick one up for £150 I'll be a pleased man.

I just bought a Brand New worn black 66 for 297.00 at a local shop in Trenton & I love it although the neck is thinner than I'm used to - Iknew what I was getting intoas I'd been checking them out for awhile. I was thinking of going for the MIC full humbucker model in Green or Blue But I Love the nsound of Mini Hums so much that I'd rather have the minis than going coil split. When you look at the Willy in certain light it looks kind of chocolate - not a real flat black, it's worn & I really dig the color not to mention the sound. I play thru a Palomino 15 watt & have a Jetter Red Shift OD, Keeley Katana clean boost, 535Q wah, MXR Carbon Copy delay, EH Small Clone & a Guyatone VT3 Trem & Dano EQ. Mostly just the Keeley OD, Jetter & Delay are used. When I tested the Wilshire, I played it thru a H.W.Vox 15 TV & a Fender 15watt Blues amp. My Palomino sounds great. Although mine was made in VietNam - I missed the USA made one by about two weeks at GC. GO FOR THE WILSHIRE MINI HUMS!

New guy on the block,

btlnckr

• 1 month later...

Archived