Gibson Brands Forums

S-300 Redone

Aoresteen

Back in November I picked up an abused Epiphone S-300. I have now finished her rebuild and man she sounds GREAT!!!

Here's the original post:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/76696-any-s-series-experts-out-there/page__p__1045770__fromsearch__1#entry1045770

Now here's what she looks like:

donefullsize.jpg

Body:

bodydone.jpg

The bridge is a Hipshot trem model. Only one vol and one tone. That's all I need.

Custom truss rod cover:

newtrussrodcover.jpg

The nut was replace with a bone nut.

The guitar was inspired by SRV's Charley white guitar. The pickups are GFS, the pickguard is by Terrapin Guitars. Terrapin also made the truss rod cover and a replacement back trem cover in red. Of course she has the Hula Girl on back but I put her on heads up so she doesn't get too dizzy like she did on SRV guitar.

backdecal.jpg

For a plank of plywood she sounds absolutely great!

Dude! What a transformation!

That is a great looking guitar. You should be really proud.

I love that pick guard! [thumbup]

And the Hula chick on the back is just WAY COOL! [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks for showing it off!

Back in November I picked up an abused Epiphone S-300. I have now finished her rebuild and man she sounds GREAT!!!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/76696-any-s-series-experts-out-there/page__p__1045770__fromsearch__1#entry1045770

donefullsize.jpg

Body:

bodydone.jpg

The bridge is a Hipshot trem model. Only one vol and one tone. That's all I need.

Custom truss rod cover:

newtrussrodcover.jpg

The guitar was inspired by SRV's Charley white guitar. The pickups are GFS, the pickguard is by Terrapin Guitars. Terrapin also made the truss rod cover and a replacement back trem cover in red. Of course she has the Hula Girl on back but I put her on heads up so she doesn't get too dizzy like she did on SRV guitar.

backdecal.jpg

donefullsize.jpg

Body:

bodydone.jpg

Custom truss rod cover:

Wonderful, I just love it!

newtrussrodcover.jpg

backdecal.jpg

Wonderful, I just love her! I've got a Strat with the tube pickups and I am actually playing it now! Just a marvelous job you've done there! Kudos!!

Archived