Gibson Brands Forums

Humming koa tuners

Motherofpearl

A friend of mine bought a ltd run of 10 hummingbird koa off eBay and is now looking to get the engraved tuners that comes on the actual koa any idea where to find these?

Any help would be appreaciated also this one comes with the vintage closed back tulip tuners is there any mods that would have to be done to switch them out?

Thanks

A friend of mine bought a ltd run of 10 hummingbird koa off eBay and is now looking to get the engraved tuners that comes on the actual koa any idea where to find these?

Any help would be appreaciated also this one comes with the vintage closed back tulip tuners is there any mods that would have to be done to switch them out?

Thanks

If I understand correctly, your friend would like to replace the Kluson style tuners with the engraved rotomatics found on Custom Koa H'bird?

I don't think that they sell as replacement parts, maybe he could find the engraved button to put instead of the standard button...I was searchin' for those buttons unsuccessfully in the past, I think the only way is ask to gibson...

However, he should drill new holes to accept the tuners.

Waverly has ones that will work and they look really Nice.... they have engraved buttons, but they are attatched to tuners.. there not cheap..

I know the ones from Gibson are very Expensive.. a Gibson dealer should be able to help... are you in Canada?

Man....besides all the GREAT people I've come to know on this forum, I REALLY like the wealth of information available here.

I sure understand the disappointment with the look of the are deco tuners on the H'Bird Koa, but I tried to buy one that had them installed, but that deal fell through.

When I found the new H'Bird Koa with the gold engraved Grovers, I snapped one right up.

Archived