• This topic is locked

Happy Easter!

#21 User is offline   TommyK 

• You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Shore of Mare Vaporum

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

View Postbonzoboy, on 08 April 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Happy Easter to All.It's too bad that as with Christmas,the real reason for the celebration is becoming secondary.

Only if YOU Let it.

I figured out the chords to "Wings of a Dove" yesterday. I'm ready for Pentecost.
~~~~~~~
"Fair" is never "Even" --- me again.
"... and Bob's your uncle," --- TWilson
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music," Briscoe Darling
"If it ain't got a hole, it ain't got no soul," me, TommyK

#22 User is offline   TommyK 

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postcookieman15061, on 08 April 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Yeah and we can't talk about it here or the thread gets locked and we'd get banned.

Just pray for him cookieman. Let The Lord do the rest. [wub]
~~~~~~~
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

#23 User is offline   EVOL! 

• burnt toast
  • Locationsecret location behind the drive-by theatre

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postbonzoboy, on 08 April 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Happy Easter to All.It's too bad that as with Christmas,the real reason for the celebration is becoming secondary.

The Spring Equinox? That fell mid week this year so it'd be kind of weird to have the celebration midweek, eh?

TheBendingOfLight
If you think my guitar playing is bad, you should hear me sing

#24 User is offline   EVOL! 

• burnt toast
  • Locationsecret location behind the drive-by theatre

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Postdem00n, on 08 April 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

We do roast the whole lamb, nice and slow. When we invite non-greeks over their kinda scared at first but when they try the meat they fall in love.

Do you sedate them with ouzo too? That's the right of passage on my Greek side of the family.

And lamb is probably the most delicious of the meats. It's what brought me back from two and half years of vegetarianism. I craved it so badly.

TheBendingOfLight
If you think my guitar playing is bad, you should hear me sing

#25 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostTommyK, on 09 April 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Only if YOU Let it.

I figured out the chords to "Wings of a Dove" yesterday. I'm ready for Pentecost.

By Ferlin Husky? I've done this song for years! (get the listeners to clap the beat with you!)

#26 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

View Postrocketman, on 08 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Easter was today for my wife but will be next week for me. We have a split relationship. All is well though. I get two baskets of Easter bunny candy!!

The Orthodox Easter is usually easy to find. Good Friday is the Friday after Passover, except every 17 years or so. Yeah, I know it's weird.

Leave it to a Rocket scientist to muddy up the waters!

Here's the issue, (from Wikipedia):

I LOVE this stuff!!
Computus (Latin for "computation") is the calculation of the date of Easter in the Christian calendar. The name has been used for this procedure since the early Middle Ages, as it was one of the most important computations of the age.

In principle, the date of Easter is defined as the Sunday following the Full Moon following the Northward equinox (the so-called Paschal Full Moon).

But neither the vernal equinox nor the full moon are determined by astronomical observation. Instead, a theoretical model known as the Ecclesiastical Full Moon is used, and the vernal equinox is taken to be set on 21 March. The model assumes that 19 tropical years have the same duration as 235 synodic months (modern value: 234.997).[1]

The computus is thus the procedure of determining the first Sunday after the first ecclesiastical full moon that falls on or after 21 March.

Since the 16th century, there have been differences in calculation in the Western and Eastern Churches. Eastern Orthodox Christians use an ecclesiastical full moon that occurs four to five days later than the western ecclesiastical full moon. The Roman Catholic Church since 1583 has been using the Gregorian Calendar to calculate the fixed date of 21 March, while Eastern Churches continue to use the Julian Calendar.

#27 User is offline   Aster1 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 09 April 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

By Ferlin Husky? I've done this song for years! (get the listeners to clap the beat with you!)

Excellent song & Message. Wish they would have shown the lead guitar player? Nice work.

Aster
"Life is too dang short to eat ratty tast'n peaches!"

#28 User is offline   TommyK 

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Leave it to a Rocket scientist to muddy up the waters!

Here's the issue, (from Wikipedia):

I LOVE this stuff!!
Computus (Latin for "computation") is the calculation of the date of Easter in the Christian calendar. The name has been used for this procedure since the early Middle Ages, as it was one of the most important computations of the age.

In principle, the date of Easter is defined as the Sunday following the Full Moon following the Northward equinox (the so-called Paschal Full Moon).

But neither the vernal equinox nor the full moon are determined by astronomical observation. Instead, a theoretical model known as the Ecclesiastical Full Moon is used, and the vernal equinox is taken to be set on 21 March. The model assumes that 19 tropical years have the same duration as 235 synodic months (modern value: 234.997).[1]

The computus is thus the procedure of determining the first Sunday after the first ecclesiastical full moon that falls on or after 21 March.

Since the 16th century, there have been differences in calculation in the Western and Eastern Churches. Eastern Orthodox Christians use an ecclesiastical full moon that occurs four to five days later than the western ecclesiastical full moon. The Roman Catholic Church since 1583 has been using the Gregorian Calendar to calculate the fixed date of 21 March, while Eastern Churches continue to use the Julian Calendar.

Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up. [thumbup]

I always knew there was a method to their madness. However, after reading the foregoing, it appears there is a madness to their method. :unsure:
~~~~~~~

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

#29 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostAster1, on 10 April 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

Excellent song & Message. Wish they would have shown the lead guitar player? Nice work.

Aster

I think I've seen Ferlin do this song while playing a J200.

#30 User is offline   TommyK 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

I think I've seen Ferlin do this song while playing a J200.

Yup, it's on YourToob. I think it's a "J900"! [woot] A 200 body, with a lozenge shaped sound hole, bling up the wahzoo and then some. The headstock is topped with the image of a dove.

Blingiest guit tar I've seen in a long while. :blink: Probably something Nudie Cohn dreamt up.
~~~~~~~

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

#31 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostTommyK, on 11 April 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Yup, it's on YourToob. I think it's a "J900"! [woot] A 200 body, with a lozenge shaped sound hole, bling up the wahzoo and then some. The headstock is topped with the image of a dove.

Blingiest guit tar I've seen in a long while. :blink: Probably something Nudie Cohn dreamt up.

HAHAHAHA..... I'll have to see if I can find it..... I do kind of recall it was pretty elaborate!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users