Gibson Brands Forums

my first written blues song, called Radio Blues

FenderGuy1

Sounds more Stevie Ray than Jimi..........:-k .....With a Gary Moore sense of class, yet also with a hint of old school Eric,

and of course, that unmistakable Marshall wall of sound...........The refusal to clutter up the piece with shredded notes

is not only refreshing, but is a testament to the absolute control and skill of the player...........The careful hints of "Santana"

are evident, without being visually distracting, thus lending an overall stunning reality check of single note mind boggling

memory jarring authenticity that is usually reserved for when one is listening to any current living, or non living, legend........

Sounds more Stevie Ray than Jimi..........:-k .....With a Gary Moore sense of class, yet also with a hint of old school Eric,

and of course, that unmistakable Marshall wall of sound...........The refusal to clutter up the piece with shredded notes

is not only refreshing, but is a testament to the absolute control and skill of the player...........The careful hints of "Santana"

are evident, without being visually distracting, thus lending an overall stunning reality check of single note mind boggling

memory jarring authenticity that is usually reserved for when one is listening to any current living, or non living, legend........

[scared][scared] I think my heads goonnnaaa splode.

You know what.. if that was played in key it would have sounded GREAT!!

and I mean that, for your age you show real promise with your expressions like your bending and vibrato..

keep it up I say..

(just please do our ears a favour and study up on your scales so you can play the right key ;))

You know what.. if that was played in key it would have sounded GREAT!!

and I mean that, for your age you show real promise with your expressions like your bending and vibrato..

keep it up I say..

(just please do our ears a favour and study up on your scales so you can play the right key ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxc0RvmwpH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WPaHGRXfqE

Yer a good man, Rabs. [thumbup]

Yer a good man, Rabs. [thumbup]

[thumbup] well im just saying it as it is.. the kids only 13 (is that right?) and is doing something other than sitting and playing computer games all day which in itself is commendable.. Plus im helping my brother in law play whos 42 hes been playing for about two and a half years now and wishes he could bend a note like that so I have a good perspective on what to expect from people who are still in the early stages of learning.. also I was told once that sometimes if you have nothing positive to say its best not to say anything at all ;)

Also we all have to start somehwhere, both the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix were all turned down by the major record labels before they made it big... so why rag on people for at least trying. I feel sorry for people who dont play music, they are missing out as far as im concerned ;) but each to their own.

Thank you, dude! finally someone who cares about the blues!

Most guys here care about the blues! I listen to a lot of KISS (Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick solo works also apply), Rush, Pat Travers, Fastway, Rainbow, anything George Lynch related, Yngwie, The Drills, Ten Years After (you should really check them out), etc, and I never hear much about those particular bands posted around here. There is always Beatles, Stones, Zep, Sabbath, Hendrix, Clapton (I think he is overrated but that is just my opinion.), Beck, Van Halen, Bloomfield, and stuff like that. The last time someone posted something about KISS in the Lounge is when someone posted a vid of Rocket Ride in a thread about wah usage. Maybe I should post some Ace vids, and some Rush songs you don't hear every day. I know there is a few Rushians on this forum so lets all come together and have a Rush Day!

Fender guy 1 , I don't care what they say to me, I'm 55 years old , with 4 grandkids , and 1 great grand daughter, but this is get'in hard to watch these guy's batter you , the epiphone forum is les foregiving , just a thought .

For the record, my reply (first below the top) wasn't intended as battering at all. Just honest commentary. When I said "Cool", I meant it. Though I didn't express it as articulately as Rabs, my point was essentially the same. The feeling and physical playing of the strings was right on, and well done.

The playing any note in any spot OTOH was hard to listen to, but as Rabs suggested, comes simply from a lack of knowledge. The young man certainly has the potential to be a good guitarist if he'll put in the time to gain some knowledge to go along with what the feeling has him playing. Learn to play in a key, any key, and I do think that'd be a really well done piece of playing. And quite listenable (enough to silence most all who do bust on the young man).

A lot of people care about the blues.

Fender guy 1 , I don't care what they say to me, I'm 55 years old , with 4 grandkids , and 1 great grand daughter, but this is get'in hard to watch these guy's batter you , the epiphone forum is les foregiving , just a thought .

Who exactly is being hard on FG1? Have I missed something? I don't see anyone "battering" him. As a matter of fact, all I have seen are compliments and advice that will help him out.

Archived