Gibson Brands Forums

my tribute to Jim Marshall

FenderGuy1

Yeah, I would be very interested to hear a couple of tunes from these guys. [sneaky]

Theres alot of **** talkers that dont seem to have posted 'thierselves' playing,guess its easier to bash a kid trying to play than to actually show him how its done.This particualr version is prolly the best he's done on the anthem,and i do admit,there are a few moments in his other versions that made me say omg /facepalm.As i encourage him to do better on the anthem,i can also honestly advise him to ease up on the 'divebombs' as he calls it on a guitar w/ no lockdown,especially 20 divebombs in a row to the point that you have to retune all the strings in front of the entire forum,that imho could've gone w/out posting.......................02

Theres alot of **** talkers that dont seem to have posted 'thierselves' playing,guess its easier to bash a kid trying to play than to actually show him how its done.This particualr version is prolly the best he's done on the anthem,and i do admit,there are a few moments in his other versions that made me say omg /facepalm.As i encourage him to do better on the anthem,i can also honestly advise him to ease up on the 'divebombs' as he calls it on a guitar w/ no lockdown,especially 20 divebombs in a row to the point that you have to retune all the strings in front of the entire forum,that imho could've gone w/out posting.......................02

Good advise for the kid. Look, advise can be given without being a jerk. Thanks mikekefr for proving a point. [thumbup]

If you have nothing nice to say, then take it elswhere.

Be contructive if possible, but only if the OP is asking for constructive input.

Thanx

Point taken Duane but the OP continually starts these threads. If someone portrays themselves in a certain way then some people will retort with a witty one-liner at their expense. If you think these threads (and the OP) are for real then, rather than censor certain responses, there is always the option of moving them over to the "Skills House" sub forum.

Tho I never thought anyone would say this... What Dem00n said. Focus on your rhythm playing. You seem to know your guitar and amp enough where you can get the tones you want from them and play some leads. But leads without a rhythmic section get boring after a while. Also better rhythm provides for way better leads.

Tho I never thought anyone would say this... What Dem00n said. Focus on your rhythm playing. You seem to know your guitar and amp enough where you can get the tones you want from them and play some leads. But leads without a rhythmic section get boring after a while. Also better rhythm provides for way better leads.

Exactly, and learn lots of riffs. (AC/DC, KISS, Zeppelin, and Deep Purple riffs should suit you well. Hendrix and Van Halen are the next "step"). Don't just focus on playing with feeling (although that is important) or all the smoke n' mirrors stuff (like playing with your teeth), but learn riffs and rhythm guitar parts (which will improve your timing by a ton). Lock into the groove of the music. Use your imagination and pretend there is a rhythm section playing behind you. Play along with records. And don't bother reading tabs. And despite what some people I know say and think (or want me to believe!), tablature is not even remotely the same thing as written music. Knowing how to read music is awesome. But if you have to tab out Highway To Hell then something is wrong..... Start improvising solos when you A. Grasp the art of riffs and rhythm guitar, B. Know your basic scales (knowing the minor and first position pentatonic scales is a must), and C. Have your timing down. In all earnest, I think all guitar players, even if they are dedicated to soloing, are rhythm guitar players at heart.

Exactly, and learn lots of riffs. (AC/DC, KISS, Zeppelin, and Deep Purple riffs should suit you well. Hendrix and Van Halen are the next "step"). Don't just focus on playing with feeling (although that is important) or all the smoke n' mirrors stuff (like playing with your teeth), but learn riffs and rhythm guitar parts (which will improve your timing by a ton). Lock into the groove of the music. Use your imagination and pretend there is a rhythm section playing behind you. Play along with records. And don't bother reading tabs. And despite what some people I know say and think (or want me to believe!), tablature is not even remotely the same thing as written music. Knowing how to read music is awesome. But if you have to tab out Highway To Hell then something is wrong..... Start improvising solos when you A. Grasp the art of riffs and rhythm guitar, B. Know your basic scales (knowing the minor and first position pentatonic scales is a must), and C. Have your timing down. In all earnest, I think all guitar players, even if they are dedicated to soloing, are rhythm guitar players at heart.

I don't really agree on learning other peoples riff's. Maybe a song or two. Mostly because the fact that we over play these riffs so much that everytime we try to make our own riffs we use those riffs as a base and then we create that sound of that band/guitarist. Not truly your sound, but someone elses. Everything else you say it right.

Point taken Duane but the OP continually starts these threads. If someone portrays themselves in a certain way then some people will retort with a witty one-liner at their expense. If you think these threads (and the OP) are for real then, rather than censor certain responses, there is always the option of moving them over to the "Skills House" sub forum.

Good god!! STOP opening his post if they are what you claim. It makes absolutely no sense for you or anybody else like you to click on the thread let alone make stupid remarks. I'm sorry to say this but your post is more obnoxious than the "OP".

Stop picking on kids. If you need to bully someone, have at me. I can give you a run for your money.

Good god!! STOP opening his post if they are what you claim. It makes absolutely no sense for you or anybody else like you to click on the thread let alone make stupid remarks. I'm sorry to say this but your post is more obnoxious than the "OP".

Stop picking on kids. If you need to bully someone, have at me. I can give you a run for your money.

Yer ooglee an yer mama dresses you funny! [lol]

Archived