Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom '57 Black Beauty

Blaster

I've noticed that there is mention that the Historic reissue of the '57 LP Custom Black Beauty model some have thin neck profiles. I use to own an original model from '57 and the neck was thick and round like a baseball bat. Does anyone know which Historic models of the Les Paul Custom Black Beauty are the ones that have a thick rounded neck? thanks!

I'm sure Gibson has made several with slimmer necks but '57 reissues generally have thick/fat baseball bat necks. Same with '68RI Customs but, from what I've read, the '68RIs at Guitar Center have slim necks. Newer regular (weight-relieved) Customs have a slimmer neck but it's still fairly fat. Somewhere in between a Gibson USA '50s neck and a '57 VOS.

I'm sure Gibson has made several with slimmer necks but '57 reissues generally have thick/fat baseball bat necks. Same with '68RI Customs but, from what I've read, the '68RIs at Guitar Center have slim necks. Newer regular (weight-relieved) Customs have a slimmer neck but it's still fairly fat. Somewhere in between a Gibson USA '50s neck and a '57 VOS.

How about the new LP Custom Pro? Does it have the "baseball bat" neck?

Archived