Gibson Brands Forums

Stock Burstbucker 3...potted or not?

MNash87

Hey guys, I got a Trad Pro in Cherry sunburst and I was wondering if the Burstbucker 3 in the bridge is potted or not. Gotten some conflicting info on it - i.e., Guitars with them as stock pickups are potted whereas individually sold pickups are not. Can anyone shed light on this for me? Thanks in advance!

Mark

stock pickups are potted. we do that because most people use modern amps that would cause most un-waxed pickups to squeal.

Thanks for your reply! I actually emailed Gibson CS and got a reply a few days ago. I was curious. The guitar I have sounds fantastic! Great new changes on that run with the satin finish on the neck and back and the locking tuners.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply! I actually emailed Gibson CS and got a reply a few days ago. I was curious. The guitar I have sounds fantastic! Great new changes on that run with the satin finish on the neck and back and the locking tuners.

Mark

awesome!! [thumbup]

The BB3 in my Trad Pro sounds really thin and trebly. I backed the pickup off the strings a little. It helped some. I think I may put a .047uf cap in to see if that helps. For now, I just have the tone on about 7 or so. That helps a little more. But that '57 in the neck sounds killer! I guess I could always yank that BB3 out, and put a '57 in the bridge, but I will try easier options first. I really wanted to leave the guitar stock as long as possible.

Archived