Gibson Brands Forums

Buying at the shop ?

Nic LP

Hi again.

I'm just wondering where the Les Pauls are built (regular models and Custom Shop) and if it's possible to buy a guitar directly at the shop(s) ? If so, is it less expensive (no store mark up...) ?

Cheers !

Hi again.

I'm just wondering where the Les Pauls are built (regular models and Custom Shop) and if it's possible to buy a guitar directly at the shop(s) ? If so, is it less expensive (no store mark up...) ?

Cheers !

Yes you can order via a Guitar Store, their can be a 1-8+ week wait depending on what you want, if its a Custom Shop job Gibson will quote a price to the store which you can either accept and decline.

HOWEVER you will need to deposit 50% of the Guitar price their and then so thats the downside...

You can usually go to the guitar store and they will search affiliates to see if they have what u want. If not they will call Gibson and order it for you. I just ordered a custom shop silverburst les Paul and it will take them four months or so to build it. Standards I do believe wil take less time..

Being an average joe.. You cannot order straight from Gibson.. You have to order from a store.. You can still talk em down a bit but they will give you the special order line and try to tell you they are not marking it up. They will mark it up and they do... Just sayin

Archived