Gibson Brands Forums

Poison pool

Cruznolfart

I'm a bit curious about something. Our local CL "musicians" column is fulla hate. For every legit ad, there are about 10 flames, the OP gets flamed aas well as anyone who responds to the OP. It's like impossible to make any sense of real ads due to the fog in the air from the pissing contests. It's become a freakin' joke. Is this a local phenomenon or is your local CL musician's page so fulla animosity between the so-called musicians who use it? Check this out...

I'm a bit curious about something. Our local CL "musicians" column is fulla hate. For every legit ad, there are about 10 flames, the OP gets flamed aas well as anyone who responds to the OP. It's like impossible to make any sense of real ads due to the fog in the air from the pissing contests. It's become a freakin' joke. Is this a local phenomenon or is your local CL musician's page so fulla animosity between the so-called musicians who use it? Check this out...

Not sure if it's happening everywhere but are you from Medford?

Really weird...i just looked at the Toronto listings and its nothing like that. I feel we have a pretty good indie band community...at least we did when we were playing.

There's maybe a few *****y posts here and there but not like that you linked to! Crazy!

Really weird...i just looked at the Toronto listings and its nothing like that. I feel we have a pretty good indie band community...at least we did when we were playing.

There's maybe a few *****y posts here and there but not like that you linked to! Crazy!

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Myself and a few others have commented/complained to CL but to no avail. Any of the other pages are moderated fairly closely with the few acrimonious posts being usually binned within a day. But the musician's page is a freakin' sandbox.

We're about 50 miles from Medford, on the way to the coast.

Enjoyed a few days in Seaside, lunch down at Tillamook, dinner at Big Foots was fun! Haystack. Long bridge over to WA and back. Came across the state along the Columbia, went back along Columbia. Lucky to have a night up on Mt. Hood at Timberline Lodge. Awesome piece of this country you got out there.

rct

Wow...that is wild.

I wonder what the employment situation is down there....seems like a lot of hate and a lot of idle TIME to hate.

A couple (few) years ago I was looking at the Portland ads, nothing like that.

Not to at fuel to the fire, but it is hard enough to sort the ads of real players or ads that might amount to something WITHOUT the trolling/flaming stuff. As in, maybe one out of 20 might be what they say or represent they are, as opposed to a waste of time.

For example: in ROUGUE VALLEY, a "band" is seeking a guitarist, a bass player, and a drummer. (lol). Got 5 sets of materiel, though. (lol again).

There are a lot of small-time losers on CL who have no life. "Hey, I resemble that remark!," he sez to hisself.

Archived