Gibson Brands Forums

EF-500RCCE on the beach

Fran Guidry

I've been working on a tune for several years, hoping to capture the flavor of Kailua Beach in a slack key instrumental. I call the tune "Naupaka Kahakai" for the plant that grows along the shore, separating the public beach from the private homes.

I used my Epiphone EF-500RCCE which currently sports a Baggs Element pickup. I fed the pickup through a Zoom A2 processor then into a Zoom Q3HD camera line in port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKrpbBsCtc

Fran

I've been working on a tune for several years, hoping to capture the flavor of Kailua Beach in a slack key instrumental. I call the tune "Naupaka Kahakai" for the plant that grows along the shore, separating the public beach from the private homes.

I used my Epiphone EF-500RCCE which currently sports a Baggs Element pickup. I fed the pickup through a Zoom A2 processor then into a Zoom Q3HD camera line in port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKrpbBsCtc

Fran

Nice finger picking!

Fran,

Between the composition, playing, and videography, I was completely transported. THANKS for the three minute and nineteen second vacation!

Red 333

+1. If that doesn't relax you or put you in a better mood, nothing will!!! [thumbup]

That was awesome Fran...And although you're a very handsome man I have one thing to say...Coconut clade'd Hula Girls [thumbup]

Mickey, my wife dances hula and the coconut bra thing is passe', but you should have seen the young ladies showing off for each other's cameras down there today. I could barely keep my mind on my playing.

Fran

Fran,

Between the composition, playing, and videography, I was completely transported. THANKS for the three minute and nineteen second vacation!

Red 333

If you've never made it to the islands, I hope you'll add it to your list. And when you get to O`ahu head over the mountain and leave Honolulu behind. There's a lifetime of beauty on the windward side.

Fran

Great playing my hats off to you because I know all too well the work that goes into it to be able to play a one thousandth of your ability. I'll have to try out one of those EF500s next time my dealer gets one in.

I'm really lucky to have found a style that I play without feeling like I'm working at all <grin>. I used to work at playing guitar but now I just play at it.

Fran

Archived