Gibson Brands Forums

1983 Custom Shop Les Paul

Studiomike

Hello everyone... I am new to this site but would like to know if anyone has any more info about the Custom Woodshop Edition of my guitar I am the original owner of this guitar I bought in a music store near Johnstown Pa in 1983 I was standing there when the UPS man brought it in and after seeing dozens of guitars both Fender and Gibson.. when we opened this one up I knew it was the one so I picked it up for quite a discounted price... I will post the serial number as soon as I can get photos of the headstock probably later tonight....thank you all StudioMIke

http://studiomikesgear.webs.com/1983gibsoncustomlespaul.htm

THERE ARE LOTS OF PICTURES OF THIS GUITAR ON MY GUITAR COLLECTION WEBSITE

post-42763-055473400 1334096338_thumb.jpg

My link

Hello everyone... I am new to this site but would like to know if anyone has any more info about the Custom Shop Edition of my guitar I am the original owner of this guitar I bought in a music store near Johnstown Pa in 1983 I was standing there when the UPS man brought it in and after seeing dozens of guitars bith Fender and Gibson.. when we opened this one up I knew it was the one so I picked it up for quite a discounted price... I will post the serial number as soon as I can get photos of the headstock probably later tonight....thank you all StudioMIke

The serial number on back of headstock is as follows 83 087 CUSTOM SHOP EDITION MADE IN U.S.A. I Have more pictures now but looks like I can only upload the one pic how do you upload 5 or 6 at the same time...sorry I have to get used to this Forum Mike

I was able to upload all the guitar pic's on my guitar collection websiter here is the web address to the Les Paul page... http://studiomikesgear.webs.com/1983gibsoncustomlespaul.htm

The instrument appears consistent with a Gibson "Spotlight Special" Les Paul. These were available between 1983-1984. The serial numbers all started with "83" followed by a ranking number. Yours would appear to be the 87th Spotlight Special built. There were at least 211 of these guitars built by the Custom Shop.

Archived