Gibson Guitar Board: Number 1 song of 1969 - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Number 1 song of 1969 wtf ?

#1 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2642
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

onehit wonder turned a scam artist ?




I don't get it ...


JC
2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#2 User is offline   DanvillRob 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5316
  • Joined: 07-October 09
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostJuanCarlosVejar, on 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

onehit wonder turned a scam artist ?




I don't get it ...


JC



The theme was "Man destroying the earth"....much as it is now!

#3 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2642
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

The theme was "Man destroying the earth"....much as it is now!


Rob I got the song .
What I don't get is the guy advertising a thing called "string science"
that is supposedly some revolutionary tecnology Martin was interested in .
yet if you watch his videos the guys says nothing about how the tecnology works .

I just think he is full of BS and wants to lie his way into peoples wallets.
search for zager guitar.



JC
2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#4 User is offline   DanvillRob 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5316
  • Joined: 07-October 09
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostJuanCarlosVejar, on 10 April 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Rob I got the song .
What I don't get is the guy advertising a thing called "string science"
that is supposedly some revolutionary tecnology Martin was interested in .
yet if you watch his videos the guys says nothing about how the tecnology works .

I just think he is full of BS and wants to lie his way into peoples wallets.
search for zager guitar.



JC


I didn't watch the video....I'm running my internet connection through my iPhone, so watching videos is slow.

#5 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2642
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 April 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I didn't watch the video....I'm running my internet connection through my iPhone, so watching videos is slow.


I mean Zager from the duo now has his own line of guitars
and he advertises that tecnology.
look for the zagerized J 45 thread.


JC
2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#6 User is offline   MissouriPicker 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2164
  • Joined: 26-December 07
  • LocationIndependence, Missouri

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I've never heard of anything involving a scam with these guys. There could be. Never followed them that closely. Just saying I haven't heard of it. After their one big hit, they did literally disappear, even though they released some other songs. Both are still active in music and according to Evans they have remained good friends. Evans says that he gets a kick from all the reports that used to say he and Zager were never friends. He said that what really killed Zager & Evans was having such a huge hit with their first song. He says they couldn't repeat the success and they couldn't handle the pressure of trying to do so.....

Zager builds guitars http://www.zagerguit...re.guitars.list

Rick Evans still writes songs, still tours some, and over the last several years has been doing a lot of Worship music.
Website: http://www.family-friendly-music.com/
YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnat...om/larrygarrett

Gibsons J60, J150, J45, Hummingbird, Dove
Garrison G40
Epi PR5
Epi Masterbilt Dr500mns
Regal 1944 Parlor Guitar
LAG Nylon Stringed
Oahu 1941 Squareneck Parlor Guitar
Gold Tone Paul Beard Signature Squareneck
Yamaha YPG-535MM Keyboard
and a herd of ukes, banjos, strumsticks, harmonicas and dulcimers,
making me a "jack of all trades and master of none."

#7 User is offline   retrorod 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3684
  • Joined: 29-December 07
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

The theme was "Man destroying the earth"....much as it is now!

I disagree, The theme is government destroying man....much as it is now!
"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."--Cormic McCarthy

Celebrating the sixty years of "white privilege" that i have just recently learned that I was born with...

#8 User is offline   DanvillRob 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5316
  • Joined: 07-October 09
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postretrorod, on 10 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I disagree, The theme is government destroying man....much as it is now!


Government IS man, (at least it SHOULD be!).

#9 User is offline   retrorod 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3684
  • Joined: 29-December 07
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yep! I am sure we are on different sides of the aisle ...carry on and have a great life... :rolleyes:
"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."--Cormic McCarthy

Celebrating the sixty years of "white privilege" that i have just recently learned that I was born with...

#10 User is offline   DanvillRob 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5316
  • Joined: 07-October 09
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postretrorod, on 10 April 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Yep! I am sure we are on different sides of the aisle ...carry on and have a great life... :rolleyes:


RR..... I'm sure my politics are relatively transparent.

I AM having a great life....I hope you are too.


#11 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2642
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostMissouriPicker, on 10 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've never heard of anything involving a scam with these guys. There could be. Never followed them that closely. Just saying I haven't heard of it. After their one big hit, they did literally disappear, even though they released some other songs. Both are still active in music and according to Evans they have remained good friends. Evans says that he gets a kick from all the reports that used to say he and Zager were never friends. He said that what really killed Zager & Evans was having such a huge hit with their first song. He says they couldn't repeat the success and they couldn't handle the pressure of trying to do so.....

Zager builds guitars http://www.zagerguit...re.guitars.list

Rick Evans still writes songs, still tours some, and over the last several years has been doing a lot of Worship music.


Larry that is what I mean .
those guitars use a tecnology he named "string science" which is something he claims Martin was interested in 7 years ago.
he says that he makes the most playable guitar on the market .
that is a load of s**** to me .
to me the guy just wants to get easy money out of people's pockets
there was a J 45 on ebay that had been set up with the "string science" method and it cost $3800 .
I've never seen a J 45 at that price (unless it had special woods) . but Zager seems to be a clown claiming his guitar's action is better than a Taylor !!! .



JC
2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#12 User is offline   MissouriPicker 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2164
  • Joined: 26-December 07
  • LocationIndependence, Missouri

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Juan, I don't know anything about "string science." Is it anything like ToneRite? I've heard so many "pros and cons" about ToneRite that I figure like a lot of guitar discussions, the answer lies in the opinion of the individual. I'm not against advances in technology or improvements in the way some things are done, it's just that some of the high-tech and changes are not for me. I have read of Zager's guitars before. Never played one or heard one, that I know of. I've got an old Regal that's about 70 years old. It's more playable than any Gibson or Taylor acoustic one can find. The strings are so low that it's ridiculous. The neck is perfect for me. No buzzing, no whining on high notes. Maybe it's an early version of this "string science" deal, or maybe it's just one-hell-of-a-setup. I really don't know if the guy is on to something or that maybe he personally sets-up the guitars he sells. Anyway, my friend, good thread.

Regarding Taylor playability-----I think Taylor makes a very good guitar, but I don't like their tone and how most of them all look the same: pretty. I don't want a "pretty" guitar...lol.. I doubt I'll ever get another one, so their playability doesn't mean anything to me.
Website: http://www.family-friendly-music.com/
YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnat...om/larrygarrett

Gibsons J60, J150, J45, Hummingbird, Dove
Garrison G40
Epi PR5
Epi Masterbilt Dr500mns
Regal 1944 Parlor Guitar
LAG Nylon Stringed
Oahu 1941 Squareneck Parlor Guitar
Gold Tone Paul Beard Signature Squareneck
Yamaha YPG-535MM Keyboard
and a herd of ukes, banjos, strumsticks, harmonicas and dulcimers,
making me a "jack of all trades and master of none."

#13 User is offline   retrorod 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3684
  • Joined: 29-December 07
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

RR..... I'm sure my politics are relatively transparent.

I AM having a great life....I hope you are too.


No problems here Bro... [wink]
"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."--Cormic McCarthy

Celebrating the sixty years of "white privilege" that i have just recently learned that I was born with...

#14 User is offline   passthej45 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 419
  • Joined: 15-December 09

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostJuanCarlosVejar, on 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

onehit wonder turned a scam artist ?




I don't get it ...


JC

We should get "GOTO" to check out this "zagerizing" for us and report back. [thumbup]
Gibson J45 Standard(09)

Taylor Big Baby

Epiphone Dot

#15 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2642
  • Joined: 21-March 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostMissouriPicker, on 10 April 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Juan, I don't know anything about "string science." Is it anything like ToneRite? I've heard so many "pros and cons" about ToneRite that I figure like a lot of guitar discussions, the answer lies in the opinion of the individual. I'm not against advances in technology or improvements in the way some things are done, it's just that some of the high-tech and changes are not for me. I have read of Zager's guitars before. Never played one or heard one, that I know of. I've got an old Regal that's about 70 years old. It's more playable than any Gibson or Taylor acoustic one can find. The strings are so low that it's ridiculous. The neck is perfect for me. No buzzing, no whining on high notes. Maybe it's an early version of this "string science" deal, or maybe it's just one-hell-of-a-setup. I really don't know if the guy is on to something or that maybe he personally sets-up the guitars he sells. Anyway, my friend, good thread.

Regarding Taylor playability-----I think Taylor makes a very good guitar, but I don't like their tone and how most of them all look the same: pretty. I don't want a "pretty" guitar...lol.. I doubt I'll ever get another one, so their playability doesn't mean anything to me.


Larry you be the Judge :





JC
2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#16 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3985
  • Joined: 22-November 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostJuanCarlosVejar, on 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Larry you be the Judge :





JC

yip, total 'wow i can't believe it's the same car ! ' class A bulls@#t
and what a horrible little creep he is too


#17 User is offline   ParlourMan 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4364
  • Joined: 25-January 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostJuanCarlosVejar, on 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Larry you be the Judge :





JC


9 mins 12 seconds and not even a single chord struck, says quite a lot doesn't it? Proper creepy sort too!
http://www.youtube.c...ser/TheAyeTunes

Lets all have a wee cuddle.

#18 User is offline   stein 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6138
  • Joined: 09-February 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostParlourMan, on 11 April 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

9 mins 12 seconds and not even a single chord struck, says quite a lot doesn't it? Proper creepy sort too!

I checked every part of his site, watched every video, and not anywhere does he tell or explain WHAT it is he does, or what it entails.

I think what angers people, is he is selling a CONCEPT, an idea of something, and that 'something' doesn't exist in reality. There is no actual "process" or "science" or "mod" or anything.

What that amounts to, is a scam.

The SCAM is, in reality he wants to sell you a 200-300$ guitar for 600$, and to do that to as many people as possible, he has to justify it.

#19 User is offline   onewilyfool 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6557
  • Joined: 28-December 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Just be thankful the number 1 song wasn't "Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've got love in my tummy!!!"
"The sole of my shoes is thin, and I'll soon be on my feet again" Lonnie Johnson

#20 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3985
  • Joined: 22-November 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Postonewilyfool, on 11 April 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Just be thankful the number 1 song wasn't "Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've got love in my tummy!!!"


i bet he's sang along to it though :-)

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users