Gibson Brands Forums

Made This Handy Gadget That Everyone Should Have

bluesguitar65

This pedal comes really handy IMHO. Its a Loop Switch Pedal. On one side of the pedal, it has a Loop Send and a Loop Return and on the top part of the pedal it has your regular input and output. You can configure many options with pedal setup with this loop switch pedal. You can make a single channel amp function like it has two channels, a lead an a clean rhythm. You can have multiple effects on at the same time and with a press of a button have a different effect setup. You can also connect two pedal boards, and choose either one with just a press of a button. Really handy indeed and all for less than $30.

img0441hk.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-04-11

img0442hq.jpg

img0443s.jpg

This is awesome! Eric Johnson has like 4 of these thrown on his board! I was wondering what it was! Where can I get one of these? And how exactly would I wire it?

Say, I want to use an Octave effect and a Phaser effect at the same time without having to do a little dance. How would I go about connecting what to what?

Google GeneralGuitarGadgets and you'll find a number of pedal kits there. The owner, J D Sleep, is dedicated to providing good quality kits, so anything you buy there should be ok, and if you want to ask questions I think there's a contact address as well.

This is awesome! Eric Johnson has like 4 of these thrown on his board! I was wondering what it was! Where can I get one of these? And how exactly would I wire it?

Say, I want to use an Octave effect and a Phaser effect at the same time without having to do a little dance. How would I go about connecting what to what?

Yea it is awesome. Its a kit that you order and build yourself.....not worry its not hard at all, very simple. YOu have the option of ordering the kit with the enclosure that is already drilled out for $30 or without the enclosure for about $20.

You put the octave and the phaser in the loop, and that is it. Both pedals will be on when you enable the loop with just a press of the foot switch. Here is some info and config setup.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php/projects/15-boostersrouters/216-loop-switch-box?phpMyAdmin=78482479fd7e7fc3768044a841b3e85a

sw_loop_app1.gif

Google GeneralGuitarGadgets and you'll find a number of pedal kits there. The owner, J D Sleep, is dedicated to providing good quality kits, so anything you buy there should be ok, and if you want to ask questions I think there's a contact address as well.

Yup....people at GGG are great, great products [thumbup]

Cool! What's the way of using it to AB a single channel amp?

hmmm...don't think you can use it as a regular AB switch. This is more of a loop switch. You can A/B a pedalboard as the pedalboard has a line level return. You would need to use a direct box for an amp.

And how exactly would I wire it?

Very simple. Have you built a pedal before?

You'd just wire up the switch as you normally would for an effect with true bypass, but instead of wiring the input and output of a circuit to your switch you would wire another input and output jack to your switch.

Also, you can make multiple loops in one box. You could easily fit 3 loops in a box the size of the one bluesguitar used here.

Very simple. Have you built a pedal before?

You'd just wire up the switch as you normally would for an effect with true bypass, but instead of wiring the input and output of a circuit to your switch you would wire another input and output jack to your switch.

Also, you can make multiple loops in one box. You could easily fit 3 loops in a box the size of the one bluesguitar used here.

Hey....that would be great having 3 loops. Would you need three different 3PDT foot switches and perhaps three LED to know which loop is enabled?

This [thumbup] Why not use the space and have the ability to run multiple loops. Handy build BG65!

Cool box, I may need to build one of these.

BTW, that Chinese Reverb pedal got here today, not bad (at $67, I think it's a bargain). I've got enough pedals and boards, I surely could use one of these switch boxes (also got another Carbon Copy today, another Soul Vibe two days ago, and have another TS 808 Tube Screamer on the way, these all being for my new Nano Pedaltrain). I am envisioning a second Nano for the Reverb (won't fit once I get another tuner) and my Dan Electro Reel Echo, using the two for surf music, with one of your switch boxes to separate the two boards).

Hey....that would be great having 3 loops. Would you need three different 3PDT foot switches and perhaps three LED to know which loop is enabled?

Yes for true bypass with an LED you'd need 3PDTs. Just wire each LED the way you normally would. It would be best to use all mono jacks and no battery snap for a 125b sized enclosure like that. They make these long, narrow enclosures that are ideal for a bypass looper with a lot of loops.

You'd have to wire the switches together too.

Archived