Check these out

Epi Rocks

Hey guys,

If you're in the market for something different and live in Oz,

check these out on Ebay.

Item no. 160779875085 Futura

Item no. 160779418618 ZV

Item no. 160779421086 Graveyard

The same guy I bought my Gibby LP Studio from.

He's clearing out all his Gibson and Epiphones so if you're interested........

Good luck :)

Paul

That guy doesn't sound like a happy chappy!

I don't blame him, AMI (Australian Music Imports) does suck, the cost of Epiphones in this country are more than double what they are in the US, any Gibson or Epiphone I buy now I import myself, works out about half the cost than I can buy one here.

I agree, the prices are nuts, but that's not just an Epi thing. Most companies that sell things in both the US and Aus sell for much higher prices here (in Aus). Everyone from Ikea to Porsche does the same. I think it's mainly due to volume - a lot less items are sold here, so the margin has to be higher to maintain the same level of profitability. Then there's also shipping (of debatable impact) plus local overheads (including labour).

Just doesn't seem logical to single AMI out because they sell things for ridiculous prices. Given the guy's comments on ebay I reckon he may have had some sort of specific issue with AMI.

Everyone from Ikea to Porsche does the same.

Porsche prices are dictated by the Oz government for the most part, the import duty and tariffs on cars is extremely high and on luxury cars it's ludicrously high, a supposed effort to nurse the health of the local automotive manufacturers.

Thing is I can buy an Epi and pay $150 shipping and still get it for about half the price of buying it locally, I'm quite certain the distributors don't pay anywhere near $150 shipping for each unit.

Given the guy's comments on ebay I reckon he may have had some sort of specific issue with AMI.

Exactly!

I had a long conversation with Eric and the issue started with a damaged

Prophecy GX Les paul. AMI refused to do anything about the guitar that had been damaged

while on its way to OZ. Eric had a music business and was importing Gibson and Epiphones for a while and, after so many imports, didn't appreciate being blown off by AMI. Only after the threat of reporting the matter and taking drastic action did AMI concede.

Suffice to say, Eric is somewhat more than p#*#ed with them and is decided on getting rid of everything Gibson or Epiphone in his possession.

Good news, of course is, I picked up a beautiful Gibby LP Studio at a pretty good price. [thumbup] Should arrive on Friday.

Paul

Archived