• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lambchop a small bit of nostalgia

#1 User is online   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

I ran into this rather sweet video of Kurt Wagner and Lambchop. While I had heard of them, I had never really paid any attention. Their music may not be for everyone, but Wagner plays a lovely 1947 Gibson L-7. There's also another Gibson visible on stage: looks like it might be a small body such as an LG.

In addition, for anyone who has ever been part of a band on the road, this video contains of lot of things that will be very, very familiar.

My link

Wagner also did a really nice NPR Tiny Desk concert using the L-7, which you can find by googling NPR Tiny Desk. That L-7 sounds exactly right.

#2 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

View Postj45nick, on 12 April 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

I ran into this rather sweet video of Kurt Wagner and Lambchop. While I had heard of them, I had never really paid any attention. Their music may not be for everyone, but Wagner plays a lovely 1947 Gibson L-7. There's also another Gibson visible on stage: looks like it might be a small body such as an LG.

In addition, for anyone who has ever been part of a band on the road, this video contains of lot of things that will be very, very familiar.

My link

Wagner also did a really nice NPR Tiny Desk concert using the L-7, which you can find by googling NPR Tiny Desk. That L-7 sounds exactly right.

their album 'nixon' is a good 'un

#3 User is offline   vincentw 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Customer Service Team

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I've seen Lambchop a few times here in nashville at a dive called Betty's. Small dive bar. No stage, cheap PA, just all crammed into a corner and they always sound great. There's still a lot of great music here but you have to know which corners of the city to go to.

#4 User is offline   Mojorule 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationJust a-ramblin' round...

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

My link

He used to play a small-bodied, round-hole archtop - an L3, I believe. Could that be the other Gibson in view?

#5 User is offline   retrorod 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

My link

WHEW!!! Thanks GOD Nick....at first I thought you were linking to THIS Lambchop...

"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."--Cormic McCarthy

Celebrating the sixty years of "white privilege" that i have just recently learned that I was born with...

#6 User is offline   JuanCarlosVejar 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Nick ,

thanks I'd never heard these guys . but man I really got to me
pretty sad melody almost let out a tear :) .
I'll check out the lyrics

thanks

JC

2000 Yamaha FG720SL
2007 True Vintage SJ 200 (Andrea)
2011 Hummingbird TV

#7 User is online   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

View Postretrorod, on 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

WHEW!!! Thanks GOD Nick....at first I thought you were linking to THIS Lambchop...

Did THAT Lambchop have the "chops" to play an L-7? You tryin' to pull the wool over my eyes here, Rod?

(I can hear OWF warming up, but he may not think this one is worth the trouble. [biggrin] )

#8 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

yeah , its not like wily to be so sheepish
ewe would think he'd have got some already

#9 User is online   jannusguy2 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

My link

That was like going to work. I enjoyed the tune. Not familiar with Lambchop.

#10 User is offline   onewilyfool 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Man, some of these puns are REALLY baaaaaaad! I know some of you like to put your own spin on this type of "wool" humor, but it really gets my goat! I'm going to get the flock out of here!

View Postblindboygrunt, on 13 April 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

yeah , its not like wily to be so sheepish
ewe would think he'd have got some already

"The sole of my shoes is thin, and I'll soon be on my feet again" Lonnie Johnson

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users