Gibson Brands Forums

Lambchop

j45nick

I ran into this rather sweet video of Kurt Wagner and Lambchop. While I had heard of them, I had never really paid any attention. Their music may not be for everyone, but Wagner plays a lovely 1947 Gibson L-7. There's also another Gibson visible on stage: looks like it might be a small body such as an LG.

In addition, for anyone who has ever been part of a band on the road, this video contains of lot of things that will be very, very familiar.

My link

Wagner also did a really nice NPR Tiny Desk concert using the L-7, which you can find by googling NPR Tiny Desk. That L-7 sounds exactly right.

I ran into this rather sweet video of Kurt Wagner and Lambchop. While I had heard of them, I had never really paid any attention. Their music may not be for everyone, but Wagner plays a lovely 1947 Gibson L-7. There's also another Gibson visible on stage: looks like it might be a small body such as an LG.

In addition, for anyone who has ever been part of a band on the road, this video contains of lot of things that will be very, very familiar.

My link

Wagner also did a really nice NPR Tiny Desk concert using the L-7, which you can find by googling NPR Tiny Desk. That L-7 sounds exactly right.

their album 'nixon' is a good 'un

I've seen Lambchop a few times here in nashville at a dive called Betty's. Small dive bar. No stage, cheap PA, just all crammed into a corner and they always sound great. There's still a lot of great music here but you have to know which corners of the city to go to.

My link

He used to play a small-bodied, round-hole archtop - an L3, I believe. Could that be the other Gibson in view?

My link

WHEW!!! Thanks GOD Nick....at first I thought you were linking to THIS Lambchop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUmQYqFTB34

My link

That was like going to work. I enjoyed the tune. Not familiar with Lambchop.

Man, some of these puns are REALLY baaaaaaad! I know some of you like to put your own spin on this type of "wool" humor, but it really gets my goat! I'm going to get the flock out of here!

yeah , its not like wily to be so sheepish

ewe would think he'd have got some already

Archived