Gibson Brands Forums

Teaser of the new Rush album

rocketman

Sounds good [thumbup]

I will definitely pick up their new stuff. Saw them last September live and i was blown away. They played for over 2 1/2 hours (with an intermission) and played the "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety. It was the best show I'd been to in a long time.

No news, but if any of you Rush fans have not seen the "Beyond the lighted Stage" documentary yet, go now, now, and find it. Its really well done.

It does sound a bit like Bastille Day! It's the old school Rush. I like it because it doesn't sound like it is coming from Moving Pictures, which many of their more recent releases do. Maybe Alex will break out the phase shifter, a 335, a Plexi and they will write a new epic spacey song similar to the Necromancer. It's like Caress Of Steel all over again. YES!!!!!

Sounds kinda like processed noise to me [confused]

Y'know, once in the early 80s (circa Moving Pictures) someone asked EVH what it was like being the best guitarist in the world.

You know what he replied?

"I dunno you'd have to ask Alex Lifeson", or something of that nature.

June huh! Great! it's about time! this was supposed to be out last year (November is what I thought I heard Geddy say when we went to the Time Machine show in Boston)

not complaining, just - been waitin...

Well that was nice of Eddie

Yes it was. Old school Rush to me is all the stuff up through 2112. Classic Rush would be A Farewell To Kings thru Moving Pictures. 80s Rush, as I like to call it would be Signals thru Hold Your Fire/A Show Of Hands. Modern Rush is from the Presto album of 1989 to the newer stuff. My favorite Rush album is Hemispheres.

Archived