Gibson Brands Forums

Holy battle of the ages. Les Paul V SG

Custom....

I think the size of the forums would show how this will lean.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of the SG, and don't even own a Les Paul right now (I gigged a '72 Recording Les Paul for 14 years) but do own an SG, but just ordered a Lester Studio Fireburst Monday from MF for my daughters birthday and got the HUSH discount.

I might come back and vote.

Which way?

Murph.

The guy's a newbie and probably has a growing addiction to the site with tons to say. Weren't we all in that boat at one point?

If you don't like him' date=' ignore him. We don't need to start bickering at one another like women...

I voted Les Paul.[/quote'] thanks....i think. for the first part anyways but i dont know why you people think im any different that you guys raving on about pointless subjects. im just trying to figure out how things work around here and i like to know peoples opinions on things. WOW i mean who cares just deal with the fact there are other people on your forum oilpit. Thundergod and ian are the only nice people here besides r9 i gues is okay but still. you guys should just chill out most people love polls i love em. people like to see wat everyone thinks and its not like this one poll will burn a whole in your heart. so chill out dont be jerks and wow be a person for once. (im not a newbie) i have had a paul for a while and been on other fouroms for les pauls too. just getting to know people. help me out here in stead of being a **** to me. PEACE and rock on.

I called you a newbie because you have 50 posts on this forum, not that you're a newbie to (Gibson) guitars.

This is supposed to be a leisurely forum where we all discuss our guitars, gear and G.A.S. (I want a B7, damn it!)

Not who you like or don't like. I don't see the point in feuding on a guitar forum.

Besides, Custom's a fellow Canuck...I gotta stand up for him.

Custom...you want to read some heated discussions do a for posts by cudamax2343...well, what's left of those posts, anyways. This place was a war zone when he was around.

I called you a newbie because you have 50 posts on this forum' date=' not that you're a newbie to (Gibson) guitars.

This is supposed to be a leisurely forum where we all discuss our guitars, gear and G.A.S. (I want a B7, damn it!)

Not who you like or don't like. I don't see the point in feuding on a guitar forum.

Besides, Custom's a fellow Canuck...I gotta stand up for him.

Custom...you want to read some heated discussions do a for posts by cudamax2343...well, what's left of those posts, anyways. This place was a war zone when he was around.[/quote'] Thx dude. i do like canada. ya i would have went with a new 60's neck standard but the money would have put me into the negatives.

Rich.

I must say the sight your Custom does make a warm fuzzy feeling in my loins.

The off the rack guy... laugh.gif

Heh! Believe me, black was actually the last color I wanted as it shows smudges so easily; I don't even like gold hardware. But, after trying out so many LPs, that was the best of them all, at least to me it was. It's a very lively guitar that sounds loud even unplugged and you can really feel the neck vibrating as you play; that's the first quality that I look for in a guitar before I even bother plugging it in. After that, I playing it through an amp and it took me very little time to decide to buy it. Not trying to show off but it's an exceptional guitar solid body guitar by just about any standard.

I like the question, but then again I'm a newbie too. For me it comes down to so many factors. I NEVER thought I would like a Fender, but once I played it I realized that its unique sound appealed to me. The same can be said about the SG. But my favorite sound comes from a Les Paul...

Archived