Gibson Brands Forums

A Strat is born.

LarryUK

I didn't know they deep fried their pickups. They DO deep fry anything these days....

Don't tell SlashPerryBurst. He'll be requesting them as special orders in Glaswegian Fish and Chip shops alongside their deep fried Mars bars.

(Waiting for him to kill me for that comment)

Don't tell SlashPerryBurst. He'll be requesting them as special orders in Glaswegian Fish and Chip shops alongside their deep fried Mars bars.

(Waiting for him to kill me for that comment)

Don't worry, I won't tell him. Yer secret's safe with me! :-#

Always love Fenders along with my Gibsons. As shown in the vidoe, Fender pretty much make every part of their guitar "in house" instead of out sourcing them. BTW.....that strat they were building is an American Special Strat. A lower model than the American Standard. If they put that much detail on thier lower model, imagine how much detail they put on the higher models? Will always love my Fenders......of course along with my Gibsons. Both are true American Icons like Ford and Chevy [flapper] [flapper]

Nice pile of Strats! Jealous, it's way bigger than my stack. I have 3 (getting a 4th sometime in the next few weeks).

LOL!! I got plenty more, here is my latest strat purchase back in Feb. Its a American Standard and plays like a dream. I've a few collection of teles as well.

pb090163.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-11-11

Here is a rare white color "American Special". This white color was a limited run back in 2010 for GC....people bought this one like hot cakes, as it has that Hendrix strat look to it with the large late 60s and 70s era headstock. I got this one in January in a fluke find. The local GC had her in the back room still in the box, hidden away for two years :)

img0193zg.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-01-22

And of course my latest Gibson purchase, a 2010 Les Paul Jr with "Rosewood fingerboard". Made before the second raid. Got her in January also.

pc210165.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-12-21

Give me a Gibson and a Fender and I'm a happy camper [flapper]

Vive la Difference !!

As many players know well...diversity can be refreshing...

IMO the beauty of Fenders is that they are very different to typical Gibsons in tone, ergonomics, construction, shapes etc...

Always enjoyable to grab a Strat or Tele....

And their other classics too....

Jazzmaster...Mustang...Jaguar...

And the basses are rather splendid too [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

I didn't know they deep fried their pickups. They DO deep fry anything these days....

Yup; Healthier than "double waxing" them..........Donuts VS Bagels.........[flapper] ........

I CLEARLY saw some East Indian Plastic Laminate, and yet, no Feds............[sneaky] .........

LOL!! I got plenty more, here is my latest strat purchase back in Feb. Its a American Standard and plays like a dream. I've a few collection of teles as well.

pb090163.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-11-11

Here is a rare white color "American Special". This white color was a limited run back in 2010 for GC....people bought this one like hot cakes, as it has that Hendrix strat look to it with the large late 60s and 70s era headstock. I got this one in January in a fluke find. The local GC had her in the back room still in the box, hidden away for two years :)

img0193zg.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-01-22

And of course my latest Gibson purchase, a 2010 Les Paul Jr with "Rosewood fingerboard". Made before the second raid. Got her in January also.

pc210165.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-12-21

Give me a Gibson and a Fender and I'm a happy camper [flapper]

WANT... THAT... WHITE.... HENDRIX..... STYLE.... STRAT!

Archived