Gibson Brands Forums

NPD analog delayyyy

Dub-T-123

lol I'm content with my El Cap. I'm sure I could do lots of fun stuff with the Timeline, but all I need is a simple great sounding echo.

I actually just got this in a trade and don't get me wrong it sounds amazing but I think I'm gonna sell it. Maybe I should take it to band practice first to see what it's all about, but I don't really need it ya know? I've already got a great delay.

Haha I know. It's not very promising for the buyer that I decided so fast but its really not that there's anything wrong with the pedal. It sounds great. I'm sure EVOL and Jeff-7 can attest. It's just my personal circumstance.. I've already got a delay that works for me and I need some money haha

lol I don't really care I sell pedals all the time. I got this in a nice deal where I knew if I decided not to keep it I could just sell it and move on..

dem00n did I tell you I sold all of my Devi pedals?

What?! Why would you sell the Torns Peaker?

Yeah man.. I was going up to SF to record and I needed some extra cash. I'm not gonna lie it hurt to let that one go but it would have hurt more to sell any of my other pedals.

Good, you just sold one of the best fuzz pedals in the world. [flapper]

lol it was cool but I prefer my Fuzz Factory. The TP is like a silicon Maestro FZ-1A. I want to make a nice germanium FZ-1A clone to replace it.

Also just me being superficial but I felt like the sticker graphics on that one looked kinda cheap and ugly. I feel like I could build a slightly nicer fuzz..

lol I love silicon fuzz but I can't help but prefer sound of the original a little bit. Mainly I just needed some money, that's pretty much all it ever comes down to.

And I'm still playing with this 616 and giving it a fair chance. It rules when I'm playing better than I was this morning haha. Still gonna try and sell it to scoop up a green Sovtek Muff though.

The slapback echo and rhythmic stuff out of the 616 are better than how my El Cap handles those sounds. But I'm all about the spacey delay in the background and that's what the El Cap excels at.

At least you sell pedals for good purposes! The Malekko stuff is pretty cool (like the Omicron Chorus). But my delay of choice would be a Maxon AD-999. You can never have enough analog delay units though!

Haha I know. It's not very promising for the buyer that I decided so fast but its really not that there's anything wrong with the pedal. It sounds great. I'm sure EVOL and Jeff-7 can attest. It's just my personal circumstance.. I've already got a delay that works for me and I need some money haha

Did someone say my name?

Love my 616. Best delay I have used. In fact, the song posted on our ReverbNation site uses the 616. Very tasty and trippy oscillation. My advice is to test drive it for a few days before deciding whether to sell it.

Yeah EVOL it's really great and the more I play with it the more I like it but I'd rather have a tall font Russian Muff and my El Cap.

I still have to check out that song. I got your email. How's it going with the new band? I just jammed with some new people last night and it was awesome. I can tell it was awesome because when I grabbed my Tele today there was a mist of my blood on the pickguard haha. It was one of those nights where I could just hit every note I wanted perfectly ya know? This drummer and bassist are awesome I really want to make a new band with them. It was just effortless jamming with them like we've been playing together for years.

Kaleb - yeah I'd love an AD-999

Jeff - I dunno what's up but it's messing up my plans!

Archived