• This topic is locked

NPD analog delayyyy Malekko 616

#21 User is offline   EVOL! 

• skim milk
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGreat Lakes basin

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostDub-T-123, on 12 April 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Haha I know. It's not very promising for the buyer that I decided so fast but its really not that there's anything wrong with the pedal. It sounds great. I'm sure EVOL and Jeff-7 can attest. It's just my personal circumstance.. I've already got a delay that works for me and I need some money haha

Did someone say my name?

Love my 616. Best delay I have used. In fact, the song posted on our ReverbNation site uses the 616. Very tasty and trippy oscillation. My advice is to test drive it for a few days before deciding whether to sell it.

TheBendingOfLight
If you think my guitar playing is bad, you should hear me sing

#22 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah EVOL it's really great and the more I play with it the more I like it but I'd rather have a tall font Russian Muff and my El Cap.

I still have to check out that song. I got your email. How's it going with the new band? I just jammed with some new people last night and it was awesome. I can tell it was awesome because when I grabbed my Tele today there was a mist of my blood on the pickguard haha. It was one of those nights where I could just hit every note I wanted perfectly ya know? This drummer and bassist are awesome I really want to make a new band with them. It was just effortless jamming with them like we've been playing together for years.

Kaleb - yeah I'd love an AD-999

Jeff - I dunno what's up but it's messing up my plans!
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#23 User is offline   GIANTRobOT42O 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hey I have a 616 too! I like it a lot better than the other delays in that price range. I'm still thinking about selling my kidney to get a Strymon super delay box of death though
3 solid gold Les Paul Deluxe Studio Custom Pros
1941 Les Paul w/original Floyd Rose
12 Fender strats owned by Hendrix
PRS quadruple A top custom made of Teak
Marshall JCM5000 w/ 12x16 cab
Vox AC77
3 Turtle Doves
Modded Dumble w/ Leopard skin tolex
Strymon Ultra El Timelapsino
Boss DS-1
Klon tuner
Unicorn fur straps

#24 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Cool! How do you usually set it/use it?

Yeah man, I think the El Cap sounds a little better in general. Which Strymon are you checking out?
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#25 User is offline   damian 

• The Guitar Whisperer
  • LocationIn The Misty Mountains With My Black Dog

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Why would a guitarist NOT own a Strymon ???
I use Atlas Stands because they are the best................. http://www.facebook.com/atlasstands ......American Made.......Rewind Pickups; MIA and the Best.......
.....................Codtone Pedals from OZ......................................." Ya'll remove hats, please "...................................Motor City Pickups......................................
.................................." I hate it when people compare god with jimmy page, I mean, he's good and all, but he's no jimmy page."..................................
Music Consultant, Songwriter........................................ - THE MENSA PRETZEL LOGIC PROJECT - .............................. Advocate for the Disabled, Gentle Hellraiser.

" It occured to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Einstein on his theory of relativity.
" Music is a higher relevation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." Ludwig von Beethoven
" There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.' Johann Sebastian Bach
" Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or a punching bag. It's not the thing itself; it's preparatory to the activity." Barney Kessel
" After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Hoxley
" There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have crossed this line." Pianist Oscar Lavant
" Music came before language; musical grunts became words." Damian (copyright)
" I know how to get there, all I've got to do is keep playing." Jimmy Page
" Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche
" Music is an outburst of the soul." Fredrick Deluis
" Rock and Roll forever, man." Unknown
" Damian's cool." NeoConMan
" WTF ??? " dem00n
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

Well.. Probably because they're hella expensive. What Strymons do you have Damian?
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#27 User is offline   damian 

• The Guitar Whisperer
  • LocationIn The Misty Mountains With My Black Dog

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostDub-T-123, on 13 April 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Well.. Probably because they're hella expensive. What Strymons do you have Damian?

El Cap........I really want a Timeline..........I have a handful of delays; simpliest being an Aquapuss.....Have a DejaVue, bunch more.....

Just picked up an Eventide Modfactor, looking for a used (or new) Timefactor.....And a Flashback Delay....They're all different..............

I fully understand digital VS analog Dub, but not the build factors.....I do, however, read all of your/the "build" threads....My Boss GT-10 and Gt-08

are nice, but, I'm looking for simpler signal paths....Been collecting low power tube amps as well.....Gotta ask Dub, when built right, are

the home built pedals "studio grade" spec wise ??? And yeah, I want more Strymon pedals.........
I use Atlas Stands because they are the best................. http://www.facebook.com/atlasstands ......American Made.......Rewind Pickups; MIA and the Best.......
.....................Codtone Pedals from OZ......................................." Ya'll remove hats, please "...................................Motor City Pickups......................................
.................................." I hate it when people compare god with jimmy page, I mean, he's good and all, but he's no jimmy page."..................................
Music Consultant, Songwriter........................................ - THE MENSA PRETZEL LOGIC PROJECT - .............................. Advocate for the Disabled, Gentle Hellraiser.

" It occured to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Einstein on his theory of relativity.
" Music is a higher relevation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." Ludwig von Beethoven
" There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.' Johann Sebastian Bach
" Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or a punching bag. It's not the thing itself; it's preparatory to the activity." Barney Kessel
" After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Hoxley
" There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have crossed this line." Pianist Oscar Lavant
" Music came before language; musical grunts became words." Damian (copyright)
" I know how to get there, all I've got to do is keep playing." Jimmy Page
" Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche
" Music is an outburst of the soul." Fredrick Deluis
" Rock and Roll forever, man." Unknown
" Damian's cool." NeoConMan
" WTF ??? " dem00n
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Cool. When did you get the El Cap? It's a really inspiring pedal isn't it?

When built right, the DIY stuff is as good as anything. If you use quality parts and put them together properly there's not really much more anyone can do. Of course you can't really DIY something like an El Capistan. I dunno if you've ever opened yours up, but there are two or three staggered circuit boards using SMD components. Not to mention all of the programming that goes into a digital effect like that. But for most analog effects and even some digital effects like PT2399 based delays, a well built DIY pedal is as good as most "boutique" pedals. Sometimes better..
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users