Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

Danner

This is a game changer for learning and guitar/amp/computer integration. Just arrived today, and I am totally blown away by how cool this thing is.

Pulled it out of the box, stuffed some AA's into it, and plugged up my Classic Custom. All kinds of cool sounds, almost too many options. Nice

Then, I plugged my iPod Nano in and played along with some Jason Aldean I have been messing with. Also cool, but lots of amps have aux ins.

Then I loaded the USB driver in my MacBook. Now the THR10 is a pretty awesome external speaker, and I can also capture the sound coming from the THR. Clean guitar on one stereo channel and effects on the other. I can also play songs off the computer to practice with, iTunes, YouTube, whatever, nice. Selection of the THR for ins and outs is are menu options in the computer control panel. Easy, nice.

Then, I loaded the THR driver in the iMac, and WOW! That is freakin' awesome. A whole list of preset tones, with a cool graphic interface, and they all sound freakin' awesome. Lots more options than are even possible with the THR knobs. Tweak them, save them, and also assign your favorite custom to the 5 presets on the THR 10, Pull if off the computer and go portable with battery power.

This thing is seriously cool.

Pictures to follow.

ETA:

thr10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived