Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement pickguard for Epi Es-355

jamesmc79

Hi guys n gals,

I'm new to the forum here so apologies if something similar has been posted previously.

Having just recently purchased an Epi Es-355, I'm looking to get a replacement pickguard for it and have been amazed by

a: The difficulty in actually finding an genuine one to purchase,

b: The price of some of the aftermarket ones on sale.

If anyone knows of a reputable site/seller that deals in them, or perhaps even someone who has one and just doesn't want it, I'd really appreciate it.

Ps: I'm looking for a bound tortoise one, similar to the attached photo.

Cheer to you all

post-43020-091584200 1334647527_thumb.jpg

Hi James,

If you want to swop your tortoiseshell Epi ES355 pickgaurd for my black Epi ES345 pickguard let me know. The two should be a direct swop.

Alternatively, if you want to sell me the tortoiseshell again send me a PM.

Alan

One other might be worth checking out is http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/Archtop.html. I've looked into 355 pickguards before as my old 355 is showing signs of the celluloid perishing and thought these looked pretty good. Nowhere else I found offered a bound option. I eventually decided I should try doing my own, then laziness set in and I never got round to it.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with Terrapin.

I had bought a Tortoise shell guard from AllParts that did not have the center hole for my 355.

It cost around $35.

The tortoise was a little too light for my liking and the edge was beveled instead of bound.

Pickguardian seems to be the way to go for a bound guard.

Thanks Jay.

I will be contacting them when I can get the time.

As soon as I get it and have it mounted I will post photos.

Archived