Gibson Brands Forums

$1,399 stompbox?

Now this is a pretty expensive stompbox, the Maxon Jet Riser....only $374.25...or in UK/Europe you can pay nearly that same figure in £££ (English pounds).

http://www.maxonfx.com/Nine_VJR9.php

Incidentally the AC2009 PSU supplied with some Maxon pedals like this one is 9v and 2000ma, enough for 10 pedals!

Does anyone have one of these or know what they sound like? Whoosh?

Yeah, but, that's not the MSRP price, besides, it's signed by "Mr. Tube Screamer" himself...............

Mr. Tube Screamer is some Japanese dude who is probably retired now.....

HA! Maxon rules! Want a real Tube Screamer (any real Ibanez pedal)?. Get an OD-808.

Mr. Tube Screamer is some Japanese dude who is probably retired now.....

HA! Maxon rules! Want a real Tube Screamer (any real Ibanez pedal)?. Get an OD-808.

An OD for $808.00 dollars ???? Dang..........

Hey Original Poster here

It actually was listed wrong.

It sells for 139.99

It was mistakenly listed as $1,399

Ahh WTH, noone believes me now -sigh hehe

I understood your error, or Musician Friend's" error.............Member "Surfpup" sells modded Tubescreamers....If you want one, PM him........

Wishing you well..............

Now, see, I'm real confused. If it says $13999, shouldn't the OP have pointed to a $13,999 pedal? Evidently he rounded out the last nine. I suppose now thirteen hundred is a bargain!

Wow, I'll take two!

No wait, I already have two. Okay, not the anniversary model. Actually a total of 6 now. Two TS9s, three TS 808's and an old TS 5. Loves me some Tube Screamer (and hate robbing one pedal board to fill another!).

Hey Original Poster here

It actually was listed wrong.

It sells for 139.99

It was mistakenly listed as $1,399

Ahh WTH, noone believes me now -sigh hehe

Well, call me skeptical. Ony because I'd been to their site a bucnh of times recently. Was shopping eBay for a decent deal on either a used Ts 9 or TS 808. Figured if the right coupon came up (like $15 off $75.00 like I used on the Jam AC4TV Mini last Winter), I'd just buy a new (regular) TS 9 for $85.00 delivered. Ended up with a very nice used TS 808 for $105.00

But I've seen the anniversary TS 9 there priced correctly dozens of times.

I said it before and I'll say it again, IF YOU WANT THE BEST TUBE SCREAMER OUT THERE, JUST GET A MAXON!

Or get a modded one from Surfpup, Keeley, or Analogman. And has we all know there is millions of TS mods out there. Too much, actually!

I like the Analogman ones myself! Keeley's are great too, but kinda overpriced. The man makes the best compressor out there but his mods are kind of overrated.

And this quote is from Mr. Dirt Box himself, Brian Wampler: "I wish pedal companies would stop building clones. Like how many people make TS clones? Ibanez makes a GREAT Tube Screamer!"

If I see another Tube Screamer clone (Maxon and modded Screamers don't apply), I'm gonna go nuts.

I think it is time for a new overdrive to hit the market. One that has never been created before. A new sound. Like when the Klon Centaur came out.

Archived