Gibson Brands Forums

Billi joe Armstrong LP jr.

Thundergod

I'm not a fan of green day, in fact I don't care about the band or the members, but that guitar looks awesome (and being a LP jr chanes are it sounds and plays great too). The case is a great extra too.

Does anyone know if they are limited or if they will be regular production models? I'd love to try one but there's no chance I find one down here, so I have to wait til I visit the US again to try one.

Does anyone here own one or have played one? How good was it?

Thundergod, I ordered one through MF a few years back because I thought I was going to love it, and I did, except for that friggin H90 pickup. It was the most noisy pickup I'd heard. Tried different amps, outlets, cords, you name it. It wouldn't quiet down. Maybe something was wrong with that particular pickup, but I was disappointed and sent it back. The case and guitar were beautiful.

By the way, I ordered the Vintage Sunburst and it was PERFECTLY GORGEOUS!

The BJA Jr. is basically a very well built regular ole Jr. GREAT guitar for the money. It's old school Jr.

The H-90 pup is a great pup, but it is NOT a humbucker (although I have read literature that says it is). The coils are not balanced close enough to cancel hum. It is a P-90 pup wound to the same specs and materiels with an ADDITIONAL coil underneath to provide a little more output and beef when added to the P-90 coil. But when you activate it, the hum increases just as adding volume does.

I have some on a guitar, and I found the 'boost' of the H-90 is overkill, so I wired it to be out of phase instead. Gets a cool T-Bone style sound without too much volume loss.

I own one the white one in fact I'm not a Green Day fan either really but a Gibson Jr in White with a Ebony neck hell yeah I can live with the small signature on the back of the headstock. The H90 is a little loud and has a little hiss similar to a p-90 but not enough to bother me in fact in kind of goes with the style of guitar as far as I'm concerned. Ive had a lot of fun with the guitar and the leopard skin case get's lot's of comments whenever I get it out . Guy's usually start to make fun of it but most women love it and I'll take their opinion every time!

IMG_0020.jpg

I wish I had bought one when they were still single piece, rosewood, and had three-in-line tuners. The pickup is a five minute fix.

Are they different now?

The reason I said they were a good guitar for the money is because I thought they were made with the 'proper' specs of a vintage Jr.

Are they different now?

The reason I said they were a good guitar for the money is because I thought they were made with the 'proper' specs of a vintage Jr.

Yeah, they use multiple piece bodies now with granadillo fingerboards. They have also replaced the vintage lap-steal styled tuners with plain kluston styled tuners. Essentially, it's a regular USA junior with a slanted wraparound tail-piece now.

Yeah, they use multiple piece bodies now with granadillo fingerboards. They have also replaced the vintage lap-steal styled tuners with plain kluston styled tuners. Essentially, it's a regular USA junior with a slanted wraparound tail-piece now.

When did they change it? The White one pictured above is one of the first 300 they made, not that I cared, but they made a big deal out of it with a autographed photograph and some extra case candy Like an autographed 8x10 picture and a fake backstage pass all the crap that comes with some signature models. And it's definitely a one piece body with an ebony fretboard.

As for the case it really is kind of cool even if it is a bit over the top and boy it get's comments from a crowd I'm not sure which case get's more comments the black fake Snakeskin that came with the Voodoo model or the leopard skin but there both fun to open on stage and listen to people start talking about it.

• 3 years later...

Do people listen to Green Day. I want to be in my mid 40's and dress like I am 17 and wear eyeliner too. Wait I am in my mid 40's and dress like a adult instead of like a poser tool.

just recently I saw Ozzy and Dee Snyder looking like that.....oh wait my mistake....there in their 60's....

Do people listen to Green Day. I want to be in my mid 40's and dress like I am 17 and wear eyeliner too. Wait I am in my mid 40's and dress like a adult instead of like a poser tool.

F Green Day.

Dang, who peed in your coffee this morning?

No one. I am in the Philippines right now and it is past midnight. I have always loathed GD. Punk Pop is such a garbage music style. Them and Blink 182 are punk for 12 year olds and mall kids.

I'm Billy Joe and I'm in my 40's. I voted for Obama and still think I have teen angst. My wife doesn't wear as much eyeliner as he does.

I love punk and i like pop punk. I like Green Day, Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX!, Millencollin ...... Not Blink though. But I don't consider the signature model because of Green Day. I just wonder if that guitar is a good Junior. Or if it is wiser to wait for the 2016 junior and hope for a basic junior? It's a one piece, three in a row tuner with granadillo fretboard.

Mr FZ Fan, I think I could have had a good time drinking and discussing music with you :)

When I was in high school back in 1995-2000 all the kids loved pop, rap & dance music, then a few 'cool' kids dug Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41 and Bloodhound Gang. Me and my large group of 4 friends all loved Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC & Aerosmith. Green Day were kind of a crossover to the popular kids and me and my friends were too un-cool to ever be part of that, hence we generally thought Green Day and the other bands I mentioned sucked lol. I still don't like them much, but each to their own :)

I do love LP Juniors though and have a 2011 tobacco burst one myself.

When this guitar came out all Junior snobs (I mean no disrespect by that) said this was the most proper modern Jr there was aside from the historics.

Does this guitar have an actual P90 or something with noise cancelling?

I was never a Green Day fan during the 90's, they didn't bother me however. The record American Idiot on the other hand, I think of it as a masterpiece.

As a metal guy I always kind of laughed at Punk fans arguing what is punk and what isn't, as if the Ramones weren't a punk-pop band.

When I think Punk I think Minor Threat but that's cataloged as Hardcore Punk...and I think that's because most punk is pop...ish.

And I do not mean that in a bad way, is just that "purity" is an oxymoron for a genre like punk.

In 95/96 when I was last in a band playing out we were a three piece and the guitar player can cover everything and I was the bass player.

We were a classic cover band I guess, but we did a a set of Greenday (2 songs from the Dookie album)Nirvana,Collective Soul, The Meat Puppets, Lenny Kravitz and Toadies and that set with other songs used to go over well....

When this guitar came out all Junior snobs (I mean no disrespect by that) said this was the most proper modern Jr there was aside from the historics.

Does this guitar have an actual P90 or something with noise cancelling?

I was never a Green Day fan during the 90's, they didn't bother me however. The record American Idiot on the other hand, I think of it as a masterpiece.

As a metal guy I always kind of laughed at Punk fans arguing what is punk and what isn't, as if the Ramones weren't a punk-pop band.

When I think Punk I think Minor Threat but that's cataloged as Hardcore Punk...and I think that's because most punk is pop...ish.

And I do not mean that in a bad way, is just that "purity" is an oxymoron for a genre like punk.

It has a H90 I think.

Have to agree with you. A lot of punk has a big dose of pop, Even "old school punk"

Archived