Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC should.........

Custom....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can go 2 ways...

1.- They turn up like Ozzy: from rock legend to old worthless clown (ok guys and gals, I think no one will object this: him doing that lame show for MTV killed him off completely). If they do that, then they'd better stop and hide right now.

2.- They continue doing what they know how to do propperly: play great rock songs.

It can go 2 ways...

1.- They turn up like Ozzy: from rock legend to old worthless clown (ok guys and gals' date=' I think no one will object this: him doing that lame show for MTV killed him off completely). If they do that, then they'd better stop and hide right now.

2.- They continue doing what they know how to do propperly: play great rock songs.

[/quote']

i'd watch an AC/DC tv show.

AC/DC is one of the best live shows around, regardless of age. I hope they keep it up.

I never put a lot of stock in how a band sounds in the studio. That can be completely different from their tone and energy on stage.

Aerosmith put out some killer albums over the years, but for the most part, their stage shows are a bore. Blaring noise and unintelligible vocals always make me cringe.

I think their new CD is better than the last 2. Also I don't remember Angus to ever play slide before...that's cool.

I am looking forward to their show, Nashville sold out in 3 minutes I believe. This will be the first time I ever see them.

AC/DC is one of the best live shows around' date=' regardless of age. I hope they keep it up.

I never put a lot of stock in how a band sounds in the studio. That can be completely different from their tone and energy on stage.

Aerosmith put out some killer albums over the years, but for the most part, their stage shows are a bore. Blaring noise and unintelligible vocals always make me cringe.[/quote']

I was also going to bring up Aerosmith as related to aging bands. However, when I saw them 2 years ago they were fantastic IMO. Steven Tyler sounded crystal clear and actually sang the songs correctly and held notes etc. Joe and the rest of the band were tight. Motley Crue opened for the, and I'm not a big Crue fan anyway, but they outright sucked.

AC/DC live rules.

As far as studio work goes: AC/DC's entire career has been built on the same formula, same style, same chemistry, same arrangements, and in many ways the same songs rehashed over and over again. They've never waivered from it. And no one has ever really cared, because it works for them. You know what you're gonna get, and it's gonna blast your face off like it or not.

My problem with the last album was that the songs just plain sucked. I'd put most of it on the lyrics, as the instrumentation was the same as always (with surprises like slide playing). They've NEVER been full of that much depth lyrically, but the new album just seemed completely lackluster. I had a feeling that when three of the tracks had "Rock 'n roll" in the title (and one more with "Rocking"), with the first being called "Rock 'n roll Train" that they were completely out of ideas. As if they wrote all the songs instrumentally and thirty minutes before vocal tracking they went "****, we need lyrics don't we?"

I love AC/DC, but I don't listen to a song simply for the guitar solos, nor the arrangements, nor the lyrics, nor the delivery. It's a package deal, and that is what makes a song amazing.

I hope they don't hang it up, as AC/DC has transcended being just a band but a brand and a staple in music history. But I think they just need to stick to playing the hits. No one is going to go to their shows going "OMG! I am going to be so disappointed if they don't play 'Rock n Roll Train.'"

Don't get me started on Metallica's new album...

I don't know Ian there is a lot of repetition in their lyrics but they have some outright clever stuff, some goofy and some epic. I mean think of "The Jack" or "Hells Bells" goofy then epic..and then there is the raunchy...just my $0.02 that in today's stock exchange are really more like $0.01...or less but we do not have fractional cents... do we?

ok, I'm gonna get über-flames for this but...

I hate AC/DC, always have, I can't believe that a band got so far with 1 chord progression.

Angus is lame

Both of the singers (mostly the new one) are lame

I don't even know the drummer and bassist name, but they are lame

*goes to closet to get flame-proof suit*

The new album is great! The current live show I saw was F..... awesome!

Brian Johnson finally sounds comfortable singing Bon Scott stuff (and does it well).

Let's face it, it's AC/DC... either you like 'em or you don't.

Regarding the Aerosmith quote,

for the most part' date=' their stage shows are a bore. Blaring noise and unintelligible vocals always make me cringe.[/quote']

I couldn't disagree more.

fine,

AC/DC is like punk, it has no musical value whatsoever (I suspect that will piss a few people off)

Simple Powerchord progressions, and lame lyrics (how many of their titles have rock n roll in them?)

Angus is the least lame, I will admit the solos are pretty good

But after one song I get sick of them

That was a pretty lame response too, but you can't touch me, remember, flame resistant suit

I must admit too i think AC/DC is kinda "simple" i mean after all most kids learn their first AC/DC song as their first song ever! The old singer was wayyyyy better than the new one all this guy does is scream i dont even know what he is saying. But they do have some good songs like back in black and all the classics. i like les pauls better but if i had to have an SG id take angus'. actulaly i think i might buy his signature modle when i have the money so i have a hard rock guitar with a tommi and an angus pick up in it.

fine' date='

AC/DC is like punk, it has no musical value whatsoever (I suspect that will piss a few people off)

[/quote']

You're an angsty, pissy, teenage Slash fanboy (nothing personal, most of the teenagers here are), and while I enjoy your juvenile ("evrythin sucks omg!!!! i am l33tzorzzz") attitude and your provoking use of controversial statements in order to garner attention, I find your declaration to have no intellectual value whatsoever. Ignorant and elitist to the Nth degree.

I do, however, agree that punk (especially of the pop-variety) and to a lesser extent metal seems to be the catch-all at the bottom of the sink for talentless hack guitar players. 80% of it seems to be uninspired BS. However, such genres themselves are no less important than any other.

They apparently just don't move you, which I'm sure is what led you to your present opinion. And you're welcome to have it. I just hope in time you learn to appreciate what makes such genres unique, such as emphasizing proper songwriting over cock-rock solos.

Cheers oil****!

Archived